Chapter 9

---3rd person---

Aki kept running, she knew she had to reach Oars. Even when she heard Ace's cries, and everyone else’s, when she saw Kizaru's light flashing bright, she just kept running, she knew she had to reach him and pray that Luffy would reach them in time as well.

"Kairyuu Ipponzeoi!" yelled Jinbei as he grabbed the water, spinning it into a whirlpool like attack, smashing it out of the ice, it flew through the air, causing Kizaru to stop his attack that was about to hit Oars and watch the swirl of water fly above Oars though the sky only to land right in front of the Admirals.

Aki used Luffy's plan as a distraction to keep running while they all stopped where they were, she kept running, only using her blue flames to push her even further ahead.

"Luffy!" she heard Ace yell but she kept moving. 

I'm coming. She thought. Just buy me enough time and I'll get there to protect you Luffy!

Ace's full attention was on his little brother, he was right in front of him, so close. He couldn't believe this, his little brother had gone through so much just to save him from his stupid mistake.

"Give Ace..." started Luffy, his voice loud and strong. "Back!" he yelled as he jumped into the air, spinning around the log he held before throwing it at the admirals.

The Admirals stood there, unmoving as Aokiji put out his arm, freezing the log as he sent it right back at Luffy, but Luffy was ready for that.

"Gomu gomu no stamp gattling!"

And with that, he used his legs, smashing the log into pieces, sending it back at the admirals.

None of them moved as the bits of ice only went through their bodies, not affecting then thanks to their devil fruit powers.

Aki was now close, she reached Oars and snuck past him and reached the marines just as Luffy changed to gear second, jumping off the ground, right through Kizaru.

"I don't have time to fight these guys!" he said. 

But before he could reach Ace, Kizaru appeared next to him.

"Too slow," he said before sending a kick right into Luffy's face, sending him flying into the building to his right.

"Shit!" Aki cursed as she speed up, I need to reach Luffy!

~

Ace could only bit his lip and lower his head. There was nothing he could do to help Luffy. 

~

"Damn it!" hissed Luffy as the smoke cleared, blood dripping from the right side of his face. 

"On my mark!" said Sengoku. 

Aki glanced up, seeing the men move their swords up, holding them behind their heads, ready to execute Ace.

"No." she whispered, fear filled her voice.

"Do it!" ordered Sengoku.

"No." Aki whispered, freezing in place but her words did nothing as the swords were brought down.

Everything seemed to happen in slow motion. The swords were placed perfectly, slashing down while everyone yelled in sync.

"Ace!" yelled Whitebeard.

"Ace-san!" yelled Jinbei.

"Ace!" yelled Marco.

"Ace!!" yelled Luffy.