Chapter 12

---3rd person---

Cheers continued to erupt through the plaza as Ace leaped free with Luffy behind him.

"Ace is free!"

"Alright! You did it, Straw Hat!"

"You got Ace back!"

But the marines didn't falter as they aimed their guns back at Ace and Luffy. 

None of them seemed to realise or even remember the Aki only stood a few meters in front of them, still unmoving.

She was stuck there, as if there was one person holding her right there, as if he was the one keeping her there on earth. 

"Ace.." she said, her voice barely a whisper as she stared at him.

"Don't get thrown back! Resume fire immediately!" ordered a marine. "Aim for their trajectory!"

"Yes sir!" they answered in unison as the re-aimed their guns for the falling brothers in the sky. 

"Stay sharp, Luffy!" said Ace. "Let's take 'em all out!"

"Right!" he answered as he got ready to attack, bringing his arm back, still holding onto Mr Three's collar.

Ace's arms lit a fire as he began to spin in a circle, as they were all still falling through the sky.

"Enkai Hikashira!" yelled Ace as a tunnel of fire circled around him before he smashed both his arms forward, sending the fire to the ground and causing a huge fire blast to take out the marines below them. 

Marines cried out in pain as they were burnt and flung backwards, not being able to do a thing. 

Just as the smoke and fire began to clear, there stood Ace, Luffy to his right and Mr Three to his left as only a small circle of fire now surrounded them. (>>>see that’s them in the pic>>>)

"They're strong! Be careful!" ordered the marines. 

"Can you fight, Luffy?" asked Ace.

"Of course I can!" answered Luffy. 

"Ace-san! Luffy-kun!" yelled Jinbei as he saw them. 

Whitebeard grinned now finally seeing his son free.

"Got it?" asked a marine captain. "Fire Fist Ace is made of fire! He is a Logia Type!"

"I never even dreamed that the day would come," started Ace. "When I would get save by you. Thanks, Luffy."

Luffy gave a grin before laughing. 

"It's all because that old Whitebeard guy, his men and your girlfriend helped me out." grinned Luffy.

"Don't think you're safe just yet!" yelled a marine as they pointed their guns and both Luffy and Ace. "This is your execution stand!"

And just like that, the guns were fired, shots going right through Ace while the others hit Luffy, stretching back his body before firing back at the marines. 

"Now, take him down!" yelled a marine as he and another came either side of Luffy, but before they could slash their swords, Ace jumped up, landing with his hand on Luffy's head, causing him to squat as the swords went right through Ace but not affect his body made of fire. 

"He's my little brother." said Ace who was easily balancing on the one hand on Luffy's head. "I'd like you to back off him."

And with that, Luffy pushed off the ground, causing Ace to jump high in the air as his fist covered in fire.