«chapter 16»

Chapter 16
•Liam•

Louis gave me enough courage to actually call Niall. Whether I would stutter through my sentences because I was so nervous, I wasn't sure.

Niall didn't answer. Neither did Harry. And we had no idea where they were. I know it wasn't my place, but I began to worry for the boy I barely knew.

"Calm down, Li," Zayn tried to tell me. "I'm sure they're fine! Quit worrying!"

"Maybe you're right," I mumbled to myself. "I should stop worrying."

I'm not sure how I'm so captivated by a boy I barely know. Maybe it's his eyes. Or his laugh. There's just something about Niall.

"Li, they're fine. Harry just told me he had taken Niall to Nando's and they had forgotten their phones," Louis said as he strutted back into the room.

"Again? Didn't we meet them there yesterday?" I breathed a sigh of relief. At least I know Niall is safe.

"I asked the same thing. Apparently, Nando's is Niall's second home and love," Louis chuckled. "There's something special about that boy."

"There's something special about you too, Lou," I joked, wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

"That rhymed!" He exclaimed. I chuckled along with him.

"Yeah, Loubear. It did."

We had an interview the next day. About what, I had no clue. Normally, I'm Daddy Direction, the one who knew everything about our schedule. But today, the only thing I knew was that Louis and I were supposed to see Harry and Niall after the interview, and I couldn't be happier.

"Why do you look so good, Li?" Louis asked, skipping into my dressing room. "I mean, you always look good, but today you look... better than usual." I fought back the blush that was threatening to rise onto my cheeks.

"You gotta look good for an interview," I said nonchalantly, walking back into the backstage area.

"Niall," Zayn coughed out, as he and Lou followed behind me. My cheeks went red then.

"I knew it was because of the Irishman!" Louis exclaimed, making Zayn and I chuckle.

"Boys!" Preston called out. "On stage, now!" We lined up-Zayn, me, then Louis-and made our way onstage, smiling and waving to the fans.

"And as you can see today, we have One Direction!" The interviewer exclaimed. "My name is Caroline, boys," She greeted us with a smile. "So, how has everything been?"

Zayn decided to answer this particular question. "We've been great, Caroline. As much as we love the fans though, I think we're all ready for that month long break."

"Liam!" Caroline addresses me now. "I'm sure we've all seen you and Danielle getting pretty cozy. Things getting serious?" Louis nudged my side.

"Things are going great with the two of us. Danielle's a really sweet girl, and I'm so happy to have her in my life. And I'd like to think we're getting serious," I chuckled nervously. I hated lying to the fans.

"And Louis, how's the single life treating you?"

"I'm perfectly fine being single! It's just a matter of waiting for the right girl to pop up," I almost winced as Louis said girl. Then Harry popped into my mind. What if...?

We were all asked a few more questions, some insanely personal, and others just a little weird. By the time we were off stage, I was about to start sweating. I had felt my phone vibrate in my pocket around halfway through the show. I really hoped it was Niall, saying he was excited to hang out.

It was Niall, just not the message I was hoping for.

From: Niall:D

Hey, Liam. Harry and I can't hang out today. Something important came up. Mind telling Lou? Thanks

Something important? Niall had seemed to happy when we asked the both of them yesterday, and now they were canceling? Something wasn't right.

•Niall•

"So, how has everything been?" The interviewer, Caroline, asked the boys. Harry and I had sat down to watch the interview before preparing for Liam and Louis to come over. To say I was excited would be an understatement.

"We've been great, Caroline." Zayn answers. "As much as we love our fans though, I think we're all ready for that month long break." Oh, so they had a break? Maybe I could hang out with Liam more...

"Liam!" Caroline addressed him. "I'm sure we've all seen you and Danielle getting pretty cozy. Things getting serious?" Harry and I shared a look.

"Danielle?" My voice broke. I had forgotten about Danielle. He didn't mention her. He let me flirt a bit, and he wasn't even single! Let alone gay! I pushed my face in my hands.

"Things are going great between us. Danielle's a really sweet girl, and I'm so happy to have her in my life. And I'd like to think we're getting serious." Lima chuckled a bit. Danielle and he were serious. He was straight. My heart ached.

"And Louis, how's the single life treating you?" Harry almost bit his nails, waiting for the reply.

"I'm perfectly fine being single!" Harry relaxed visibly. "It's just a matter of waiting for the right girl," Girl. He said girl. I looked at Harry, who had tears running down his face.

"Text them," He whispered, then ran off to his room.

To: Liam:/

Hey, Liam. Harry and I can't hang out today. Something important come up. Mind telling Lou? Thanks

Once I sent the message, I followed Harry's tracks into his bedroom. We lay on his bed in a tangle of limbs, crying.

•-•

I'm still insanely lacking inspiration for this story. I'm sorry.

Pure Narry bromance at its finest. Oooooo Lilo (Liam, Louis, bromance) what have you gotten yourself into?

(29/6/13)

NEWLY EDITED ON:

(27/02/14)