«chapter 1»

Chapter 1

•Niall•

Some people really need to learn how to whisper. Not that they are saying anything they wouldn't say to my face. But still. I'm not sure of they are trying to whisper. Maybe they are saying it loud enough so I can hear, but not loud enough to be heard by the teachers.

I really hate this school. I rejoice that it is my last year. I'm a senior; I'm supposed to own this school. No, every free period we get I either find myself in the music room or the auditorium.

"Mr. Horan! Are you even listening?" The teacher snaps. I groggily lift my head from where it was staring. Now, somehow, my paper is filled with song lyrics. They must be mine, because they are nothing I have ever heard before. Maybe I should try that out during lunch.

"Maybe," I tell the teacher. I'm not even completely sure of his name.

"Maybe you could use to pay attention. Your grades in this class aren't the best," He snaps again before turning his attention back to the board. I zone out again. What is the need to pay attention? The snickers started up again.

"Niall!" I heard Harry's voice call as I walked out of the science room.

"Were you waiting?" I question. Had he actually waited on me? No one has ever done that before.

"We got out early. I stood by the door waiting. I've been here for about ten minutes. Some of the cheerleaders thought I was waiting for them," Harry snorted. "Like I would ever go for them."

I still actually find it hard to imagine that Harry is gay. He seems like such a ladies' man; he doesn't tell just anyone that he is gay. Of course, I have no right to judge, as I am as well.

"Right... Want to go somewhere next?" I ask, praying Harry with accept. I really hate history class, and I will do pretty much anything to skip it.

"Niall, isn't this like the third time this month that you've skipped history?" Harry raises an eyebrow. "Not that I really care. I could use to get out of class. Where are we going?"

"The mall. Away. I really don't care," I shrugged. "But I don't need to here people whispering about me everywhere I turn. It honestly is starting to hurt," In fact, my wrists throbbed as a reminder.

"Oh, we can go to the mall!" Harry exclaimed, jumping like a little child. "I heard a 1D World opened there! Let's go!" Harry pulled me through the hall, ignoring the insults thrown our way as we left. No teachers bothered to stop us.

"Thank you, Harry," I said sincerely. This will be one of the few times I actually mean something I say.

"For what?"

"For being there for me."

"Yeah, alright. I know you mean it, Nialler. But you need a friend, and I'm willing to be that person. Now, let's go to 1D World, yeah?" He pulls me into his car and practically straps me in himself before skipping over to the driver's side and doing the exact same.

"So what exactly is in 1D World?" I ask, worried about what the answer might be. Hopefully, it won't be very crowded. I am claustrophobic.

"You'll see." Harry winks and pulls out of school.

Twenty minutes later, Harry and I are standing in front of 1D World. "Let's go!" Harry giggles, pulling me by my wrist.

We walked throughout the store, gazing at everything. I knew that Harry was a pretty big fan of One Direction (I may or may not follow his blog on Tumblr), and I was a fan myself. But we had yet to do anything like this.

Harry led me to the group of three cardboard cutouts. Liam, Louis, and Zayn. "Alright, pick a favorite. We're both buying a cutout, I don't care what you say," Harry grabbed a Louis cutout and started to pull me away.

"Wait!" I yelped, trying to grab for mine. "Liam," I smiled.

"Now, you want any other merchandise for the concert? We could probably afford a couple of more things..." Harry trailed off, spinning in a circle to catch a glimpse of the entire store. I almost laughed. I barely have enough money to pay for this.

"We can just get this," I laughed. This time, it was my turn to pull Harry away from everything so we could go pay.

After almost gasping at the grand total, Harry and I grabbed our bags and exited the store.

"Where to?" Harry turned to me. He had explained to me in the store that he was just itching to open his Louis cutout and snog it senseless.

"Food?" I ask hopefully. Harry laughs and playfully ruffles my hair.

"Anything for my little Nialler. C'mon, I bet if we look hard enough, we'll find a Nando's," As he spoke that sentence, I was bouncing off in front of him, searching for my favorite restaurant.

"Nando's, here I come!" I screamed as soon as I spotted the restaurant. I pulled at Harry's hand, which had grabbed mine at some point.

"Calm yourself for a second, Nialler. Nando's isn't going anywhere," Harry laughed at my pouting face.

I looked back at the once-empty restaurant behind Harry's head. Where the line was once empty, three people stood. They could all be easily identified as boys, but one thing about them shocked me.

They were all staring directly at Harry and I.

•-•

NEWLY EDITED ON:

(17/02/14)