«prologue»

Prologue
•Niall•

"Get down here, fat arse!" Was the first thing I heard this morning.

"You don't need to take time to get ready. It won't make you look any better," was the second.

"No need for breakfast. It'll only make you fatter," was the third. Then I was shoved out of my house and forced to go to school.

I was still wearing my hoodie, being sure to cover everything. My eyes still stung from my father's words. Maybe, just maybe, school will be alright?

I was wrong. The first thing that happened as soon as I step foot into the hallway, I was shoved into a locker. By who? None other than Sean.

"Watch where you're going, fat arse," He scoffed, before continuing on his way. He ran into me. And I should watch where I am going?

I know better than to argue with his words, though. It would only make the day worse. Instead, I gathered my books for my first class of the day and tried to ignore all the hurtful words that were being thrown my way.

The students here would call me anything but my name. You. Worthless. Nothing. Piece of shit. Faggot. And my personal favorite, fat arse.

The names were still being thrown my way as I kept my head down, trying not to trip over my own feet or anyone else's. "Niall!" I heard one person call. I should know that voice anywhere.

"Harry?" I asked, turning slowly to meet the curly-haired boy. I had to look up to meet his eyes.

"Did you really think I wouldn't be here to see you today?" He asked me, looking confused. I ran a hand through my bleached hair.

"I just didn't think you would still want to hang out with me," I muttered, ducking my head down.

"I still don't understand why you would think I don't want to hang out with you. I don't care what Sean, or anyone else, says," Harry admitted, looking into my eyes. I will admit, Harry has stunning green eyes. Nothing that will ever compare to my dull blue ones.

"I'm not exactly used to people wanting to hang out with me. They normally have to face Sean. And he doesn't like me having friends," We both trudged towards the science classroom.

"Well, Sean can go screw himself. But did you hear? One Direction's coming to town!" Harry bounced up and down, earning some strange looks.

"No, I didn't," I admit honestly. Harry and I both have this thing for One Direction. "Where did you hear that?"

"And I have tickets! Front row! And guess which leprechaun is coming with me?" Harry says ignoring my question, making me groan quietly.

"The one on the Lucky Charms box?" I guess hopefully.

"You, silly!" Harry giggles. "It's Wednesday. The concert is Friday. Be at my house by six." He says sternly, before leaving me on my own to face the school.

•-•

NEWLY EDITED ON:

(17/02/14)