nine

A/N: HEEEEEYYYYY GUYS!!! SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER AND IM SORRY ABOUT THE LAST CHAPTER BEING A RANT BUT I REALLY UPSET!!!

ANYWAAAAAYYYY NEW CHAPTER TODAY YAY!!! ITS KINDA SAD-ISH BUT ALSO A TINY BIT FLUFFY

MAY BE TRIGGERING??? It vaguely talks about rape... More like implies it so maybe???

BUT I HOPE ANYONE THAT STILL READS THIS LIKES IT

LAST THING!!! I wrote it all last night and just finished it not even five minutes ago so nothing at all is edited cause I'm lazy af XD

ENJOY, MY LOVELY READERS!!!!!!!

All of the poking and prodding and yelling and touching. Ashton was so done.

Coronation pratice was killing him. Literally killing him. Someone almost pushed him down the stairs during practice, saying that he wasn't going fast enough. The suit tailor almost stabbed his eye out with one of his needles. Calum nearly dropped one of the crowns, which he wasn't even supposed to be touching, on his foot. (He's sure he would've bad broken toes because those things are heavier than they look).

All everyone wanted was for this to be over, but the queen, dear Mrs. Hood, was not going to give them a break until it was perfect. Ashton thought he just might not even make it to the actual coronation.

"Ashton, babe, you look done with life. Are you okay?" Calum asked, meeting the shorter boy at the bottom of the steps, making sure not the mess up the green carpet, which was similar to a red carpet but his mom wanted to be complicated, on his way down.

Ashton sighed and nodded, relaxing against Calum who had wrapped his arms around him.

"Are you sure?" Calum pushed, receiving a nod in return.

"I've had to do worse things before. It's okay," Ashton replied. Calum was tempted to ask what he meant, but he decided to save that for a later time.

"Boys, back to your places," Calum's mom yelled. Everyone groaned. "Fine, we've been at this since 9:00 this morning and it is now 3:30. We will perfect this tomorrow," she announced, smiling when everyone cheered.

Calum looked down and noticed Ashton was half asleep with his head resting on his shoulder. He smiled fondly and picked him up bridal style, carrying him to their room.

He opened the door, surprised that Michael and Luke weren't there waiting. After laying Ashton down and covering him with a blanket, we went looking for his friends, only to run into his parents on the way.

"Calum, we were just looking for you, checking up on Ashton. How has he been doing? Fitting in nicely? I haven't really gotten a chance to talk to him since he's been here. You're being nice to him, right? I'm fairly positive he wouldn't cause any problems, but you, on the other hand," his mom said jokingly.

Calum smiled. "He's been fine. Still pretty introverted and quiet, but I know why, and I would probably be the same way considering all that he's been through. Mikey, Luke, and I have tried to make him feel as welcomed as possible. He's slowly trying to get used to us and everything going on, but other than that he's great," Calum answered.

"Great. The poor boy looked so tired just then. That's the only reason I called an end to coronation practice," Mrs. Hood admitted. "Anyway, your father and I have a meeting to attend. We'll be back by maybe 7:00 tonight. We love you," she told him.

"Alright, see you guys later. Love you," Calum said back, hugging each of them before walking them to the door, then returning to his quest of finding Michael and Luke.