seven

A/N: IS ANYBODY STILL READING THIS?!?!? I HAVENT UPDATED SINCE JUNE OMG!!! ITS BEEN A WHILE XD

I'm gonna be honest I still don't like this fanfic much and it's some of the WORST writing I have ever done, BUT I LIKE THIS CHAPTER AND IF ANYBODY ACTUALLY STILL READS THIS, I HOPE YOU LIKE IT TOO!!!!!!!

ALSO HIGHLY UNEDITED AND I SHOULD PROBABLY START EDITING THINGS BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY CALLED CALUM "Cum" IN A CHAPTER AND STILL HAVENT FIXED IT XD

ENJOY THIS FLUFFY AF CHAPTER

Ashton and Calum held hands as they walked along the hidden trail that was through the woods in the backyard.

Calum had been through it many times before, sometimes alone and sometimes with Mikey, Luke, or both. Instead of paying attention to all of the scenery, he watched Ashton instead.

Ashton had never seen something so beautiful in his life.

The trees were extremely high, only allowing the perfect amount of sunlight through. There were the prettiest flowers growing in the most random places. Animals were roaming around, flying high and climbing trees.

This was nature at its finest, and Ashton was awestruck.

Calum thought Ashton had the best facial expressions. Every time they passed something even just barely interesting, he would look at it as if it were the most gorgeous sight he had ever seen.

Neither of the boys had even noticed that, as they were walking, they had ended up being closer to each other. Ashton was basically snuggled into Calum's side, and Calum had his arm wrapped protectively around the shorter boy's waist.

They stopped walking when they came to a tree that wasn't tall and skinny like all of the rest of them. This tree was different. It was a much shorter tree with wider limbs and huge leaves and wide roots that were partially visible above ground.

Calum tugged Ashton to sit under the tree with him, plopping himself down on the tree roots and making room for Ashton.

Ashton came and sat down next to Calum, who wrapped his arm back around Ashton's waist.

"So, I know this is extremely cliche, but in every movie or romance novel, there's always that one special place that the character runs to whenever they want to get away from everything. This is that spot. The only people that know about it are Michael, Luke, myself, and now you. What do you think?" Calum asked, sounding hopeful.

"I think this is the most beautiful place I've ever seen, and I'm glad you trusted me enough to bring me here. Thank you," the shorter boy answered honestly.

Calum smiled at Ashton, tugging the boy into his lap and leaning back against the tree.

Ashton relaxed against him and sighed in content. He loved being with Calum. The raven haired boy actually made him feel safe and secure; like he had nothing to worry about when they were together.

Feeling confident, Ashton turned around in Calum's lap, now straddling his hips. He wrapped his arms loosely around Calum's neck and gave him a tiny yet thankful smile.

"Thank you for being so nice and treating me the way you have since I've been here. It's like... it's like you actually care. No one has ever cared before, so thank you, Calum. Thank you so much," Ashton said, feeling tears gather in his eyes.

Calum wrapped his arms around the smaller boy's tiny waist and hugged him close.

"You never have to thank me, love. Of course I care about you. I don't care just because I have to either. I care because I just do. You are so precious, Ashy. Has anyone ever told you that?" Calum asked, finding it adorable that Ashton was so thankful and modest about everything.

Ashton didn't respond. He simply blushed and hid his face in Calum's neck, fighting back a smile.

The two sat there, not really talking, just enjoying their time together. They sat there under that tree for nearly an hour until Michael and Luke began texting Calum that they were bored.

Calum sighed, glancing down at Ashton who had his head on Calum's shoulder and was holding his hand, playing with their intertwined fingers. He really didn't wanna get up.

Sighing, he poked Ashton in his side, making him jump slightly and giggle. Calum would keep the fact that he's ticklish in his mind for later.

"Babe, Luke and Mikey said that they're bored. We should probably head back now," he told the curly haired boy, mentally awe'ing at the pout on Ashton's face.

Both boys reluctantly stood up. Ashton began walking first but was suddenly pulled back.

Calum placed his hands on Ashton's slim waist and pulled him in close, not hesitating before connecting their lips.

Ashton's eyes widened at first, but they eventually closed and he quickly melted into the kiss, placing his hands gently, unsurely, on Calum's chest.

When they pulled away, Ashton was blushing so brightly that he wouldn't even look at Calum. He wrapped his arms around Calum instead and hugged him tightly.

"I've only known you for like two days and you've already made me happier than I've ever been in my life," he said, letting a few tears slip.

Calum only hugged back tighter, kissing Ashton's hair fondly. He was falling so fast for this boy.