three

A/N- Hulloooo... this is kind of like a side project along with broken boy so I might not update as much...

And the chapters aren't edited either but people seemed to like it... SO PLEASE ENJOY!!!

After they were all done hugging, they began the tour of the house. They had all shown Ashton the main rooms such as the the kitchen, the dining room, the meeting rooms, the banquet rooms, and the living and entertainment rooms. Now they were showing him all the bedrooms.

They took him past the spare rooms first, then Calum's parent's room, and finally the room he would be in: Calum's room.

The room was huge. The walls were a dark shade if green. There was an enormous flat screen mounted on the wall in front of the gigantic grey and black striped bed that was supposedly king sized though slightly bigger. There were shelves and racks holding various different pictures, trophies, DVDs, music albums, and games. Ashton had to admit, the size of this room intimidated him, and he really felt like he didn't belong.

Ashton looked around and saw his bags already sitting beside the bed. He had been informed that he and Calum would have to share a room. He was pretty nervous about it too because of the nightmares...

He really hoped he wouldn't end up saying something he would regret while sleeping.

Ashton stood, looking wide eyed at the huge room. He felt hands gently place themselves on his waist and he turned around in the person's arms. He looked up and saw warm brown eyes staring into his own hazel ones.

He shyly brought one sweater covered hand up to his face and bit his lip. He could feel the crimson shading rushing up to his face as Calum pulled their bodies closer together.

"So do you like it?" Calum asked quietly.

Ashton nodded, his curls shaking slightly. "I love it. It's really big though," he whispered, relaxing in the raven haired boy's arms.

"Good. So do you wanna go ahead and unpack your clothes or wait till later? Whenever you're ready is fine," Calum asked.

"Its fine. We can do it now," Ashton said in the same barely audible voice.

Calum nodded and removed his hands. Ashton felt oddly cold now that he wasn't in Calum's arms, but he ignored it and walked over to his bags with Calum, who was already pulling clothes out of bags.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about an hour they had finally gotten done unpacking Ashton's clothes and hanging them on his side of the closet.

Calum laid down on the bed and motioned for Ashton to lay with him. Ashton shyly moved over to the bed and kept his distance by resting on the other side. Calum was having none of that.

He pulled the smaller boy closer by his waist and cuddled him. Ashton was tense at first, Calum noticed, but soon enough relaxed against him.

"Are you liking it here so far, Ashton?" Calum asked, his arms still wrapped around the curly haired boy who's head was now resting on Calum's chest.

Ashton nodded his head. "Yes. It's amazing here and really pretty and neat and just so much better than my last home," Ashton whispered more to himself than to Calum.

"What do you mean your last home?" Calum asked, curiosity running through him now.

Ashton bit is lip, regretting what he said. "Nothing. Can we not talk about it please?" he practically begged.

Calum nodded and they laid in a comfortable silence for a while. Then Calum asked, "What about me? Am I okay?" He sounded genuinely concerned.

Ashton nodded and looked up at Calum. "Yes. You're really nice and polite and honestly, no one's ever been so nice to me, like ever," he admitted.

Calum had a strong feeling that Ashton's past was worse than his father was making it out to be. He could tell there was so much he didn't know about the tiny boy he was currently cuddling, but he hoped it wasn't that bad.

They laid cuddled together, asking each other random questions for the longest time. Ashton honestly couldn't think of a time when he'd been happier in life.

Calum was just about to ask Ashton about his favorite music and songs and such when he noticed how relaxed Ashton was against him and his evened out breathing. The smaller boy had fallen asleep. Calum smiled fondly at him before shifting slightly and grabbing a blanket to drape over him. After that Calum soon drifted off to sleep himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calum was awoken a few hours later from the shutter of a camera. He peeked one eye open and saw his two idiot friends holding their phones and taking pictures of him and Ashton, who was still soundly asleep with his head on Calum's chest and one hand laying across his stomach.

Calum smiled down at the still sleeping curly haired boy and looked up to glare at Michael and Luke across the room.

They both pouted and left the room again, giggling loudly once the door was closed.

Calum rolled his eyes at them, wondering why the hell he was best friends with those idiots, and decided he should wake Ashton.

As he went to shake him, however, he saw Ashton's sweater sleeve had rolled up some in his sleep, tiny red and pink lines on full display across his wrist now.

Calum's breath hitched and he closer his eyes, not wanting to look at it. The last time he saw scars like that.... one of his best friends was trying to kill himself. He didn't want to ever relive that moment again.

Calum took a deep breath, trying to will the horrible memories away, and gently shook Ashton awake.

"Ashy, wake up," he whispered.

Ashton hummed in response and his hazel eyes fluttered opened. The first thing he did, Calum noticed, was tug at his sweater sleeves. It took all the raven haired boy had not to cry for him.

"Hey Calum. I fell asleep, I'm sorry," Ashton whispered, rubbing his eyes adorably.

"It's fine, Ashton. Luke and Mikey woke me up. I was wondering if you minded all four of us hanging out together for the rest of the day," Calum suggested, avoiding asking the question about his scars.

Ashton nodded and sat up, Calum along with him.

They stood up stretching, then started walking downstairs to the entertainment room where Calum knew his friends always were if not in his room.

They opened the door to the spacious and comfortable room and stepped inside, grabbing the attention of the boys who were at first occupied by a game of Fifa.

Calum immediately ran into Michael's arms and sat down in his lap, wrapping his arms tightly around Michael's neck as if he would disappear if he let go.

"Calum. What's wrong love?" Michael asked concerned and wrapped his arms around the smaller boy's waist.

Calum sighed and laid his head on Michael's shoulder. "I'm just glad you're still here, Mikey. Never ever try to leave again," he whispered.