Chapter 4: New York City.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Percy Jackson or the Avengers characters.

**********************************

The two teenagers drive in a cab to New York City. Both of them not so excited to see what's to come.

Percy couldn't help but notice how beautiful Annabeth is. The way her glowing blonde hair curled against her shoulders. how her gray eyes would analyze everything in front of her. He thought he was so lucky to have found someone like her, someone who has been through everything he has been through, someone who understands him. Percy couldn't even think of what would happen if he lost her.

Annabeth turned around and looked at me, as if noticing Percy staring. They both smiled and locked eyes for a moment before Annabeth spoke.

"Get out of the car, Seaweed brain." She laughed.

Percy blushed, a little embarrassed. He was so deep in thought he hadn't notice the car had come to a stop.

Annabeth thanked the driver and paid him. The driver left leaving the two teenagers by themselves.

"Where to now?" Percy asked.

"I'm not sure, Chiron didn't give us that much information. I guess we should look for the chaos he was talking about." Annabeth shrugged.

Percy and Annabeth walked around New York City, looking for something that looked suspicious.

They walked for about ten minutes she Annabeth stopped moving and pointed towards something in the distance.

"What? What is it?" Percy asked as he looked through the crowd of people.

Annabeth stopped pointing. She could've sworn she saw a man in a metal suit, but maybe she imagined it.

"Nothing, lets keep walking."

_________________________

"There's a girl with him." Iron man pointed out.

"With whom?" Thor asks.

"Who else? Our target." Agent Romanoff answered.

"Whom might our target be?"

The superheroes looked at him. Had he not been paying attention?

"Percy Jackson." Hawkeye answered. "Did you not read the packet?"

At the name 'Percy Jackson,' Thor winced.

"I do not remember retrieving a packet."

"Do you know the kid?" Bruce asked.

Thor turned and looked for the two teenagers in the crowd, pretending not to hear Bruce's question.

"Hey Thunder God! Do you know Percy Jackson?" Iron man asked more sternly.

Thor sighed and turned around to face the others. He knew there was no way out of the question.

"Yes, I know of him. He and I have history together."

"Thor, tell us what you know about him." Agent Romanoff demanded.

"I hate to sell out an old friend. But if I must, I must."

Thor began to tell them of the encounter he had with Perseus. He had returned to Earth because he heard someone had attacked, and they needed Thor's help. When Thor came, he found Percy had been searching for the same enemy, a giant. Thor stalked Percy from a distance, curious as of why a five foot teenager would go after a thirty foot giant. Percy and that girl of next to him, Annabeth, had defeated the giant by themselves. Thor's help wasn't needed in the end.

"You creeped on two teenagers?" Iron man asked.

"What do you mean by creep?" Thor questioned.

"That's not the point Stark, the point is we have a lead on who Percy Jackson is. We should tell Director Fury." Captain America said.

"No need, I heard it all." Director Fury's voice came from Agent Romanoff's watch. "You can tell us more of the kid later, right now I want him under SHIELD's roof. Understand?" Fury signed off.

The Avengers looked up at each other. If this teenager is wanted as a member for the avengers, he must be strong.

"We need a plan." Bruce said.

"How about we just wing it?" Iron man suggested.

"Stark, has winging it brought you anywhere in life?" Agent Barton asked.

"Well, actually-"

"Never mind. Don't answer my question."

Captain America stepped up. "I've got a plan, you guys ready?"

The Avengers nodded in agreement.

Iron man mocked saluted him. "Tell us what to do, Captain."

**********************************

Author's note: Please leave a comment telling me what you think(: