Chapter Seven

“I can’t believe this...” Tomo mumbled with frustration as he paced forward and back past Shannon who was sitting at the table in the kitchen area. He had just told him his plans about the future of the band and he wasn’t taking the news likely.

“...I can’t believe this” he muttered again as he continued to pace.

“There’s nothing else we can do...” Shannon spoke up trying to reassure his friend but instead of a reassured friend he got a look of daggers in return.

“Oh! So, making us unemployed is the only thing we can do!”

His best friend’s words were like a kick to the stomach. Tomo continued to pace as Shannon thought of something else to say.

“What do you want me say?” Shannon almost whispered feeling pathetic.

Tomo shot round to look at Shannon again; he stared at him like he was stupid,

“I don’t know Shannon! Maybe...Oh Tomo! There’s been a misunderstanding you still have a job!” the last couple of words were pure sarcasm.

“We’ll have no jobs in 6 months anyway...” Shannon’s voice trailed off as Tomo’s eye’s of daggers returned. 

“I can’t even believe those words are coming out of your mouth!” Tomo exclaimed, continuing to rant and pace, “You were the one that was standing up to Pearson saying ‘He is getting better!’” Tomo pointed an accusing at Shannon quoting what he said 24 hours ago.

“He is but...” Shannon replied.

“But what Shannon!?” Tomo countered cutting Shannon of before he could explain himself. Shannon opened his mouth to attempt to back himself up yet he closed it quickly afterwards, defeat slowly crept into his eyes.

...

Jared was sitting on his bunk, the voices had long gone yet the scenes of yesterdays encounter replaced them. The stranger and his brother having a dispute,

Then the stranger walking away,

Then hearing himself sing.

Jared shook his head hoping that the scenes in his mind would disappear yet they remained like battle scars. His shaky hand then grabbed the triad around his neck and twirled it with his fingers slowly almost like a comfort mechanism, yet suddenly his fingers froze as he remembered how Shannon had lashed out at him when he did it last time because he was frustrated at him as he had written the lyrics down for the missing song.

He hadn’t written them down.

Panic spread through his body as well as his mind. Had he written the lyrics down for This is War?

He couldn’t remember.

He stood up with speed just missing getting his head knocked for the third time as he ran to the room with the board full of song lyrics at the back of the bus. As he reached the board his eyes scanned lyrics frantically looking for the words he had sung. He breathed a sigh of relief as he found the sub title ‘This is War’ had a full set of lyrics underneath it. His sudden soon turned to slight confusion,

 “These lyrics were here all along...why didn’t I just learn them again?” he thought. He continued to think yet his thoughts were interrupted when he heard Tomo yelling about a misunderstanding. Jared pouted slightly, curiosity getting the better of him, he strolled quietly to the front of the bus to find the door leading to the kitchen closed, and he approached the door carefully, placing his hands and the side of his head lightly on the wood.