Chapter One

“Jared!”

Jared looked up to see his brother. His blue eyes met his concerned brown ones. This made him feel uncomfortable so he returned his gaze to the white plastic like flooring of A&E. The room was small and quiet, almost every piece of furniture was white or cream and there wasn’t much of a heating system so it was quite chilly, yet Shannon’s presence made the room a bit warmer. Shannon was not a skinny or as tall as his younger brother yet his personality made him appear more dominant out of the two. He had short dark brown hair and broad shoulders; he wore a denim jacket and jeans. He also wore boot like trainers.

“Jared!? You literally frightened me to death!” his voice showed signs of sarcasm yet it was mostly concern, Jared did not look up and he stayed silent. Shannon sighed and approached his younger; he embraced him with a bear hug.

“At least you still in one piece...”

After moments of awkward silence Shannon pulled away,

“You do remember me...don’t you?”

“What!?” Jared looked at him with confusion, “How can I forget you, your my brother!”

Shannon took a sigh of relief,

“It’s just the doctor said...” Shannon stopped mid sentence.

Jared started to feel more uncomfortable in the silence so he looked up to the neatly wrapped bandage on his head.

“You did have a pretty nasty gash on the side of your head.” Shannon spoke at last.

“I know, I was there...” Jared countered sarcastically.

Shannon rolled his eyes at his brother’s statement.

“Come on now, Tomo’s waiting back at the bus.”

Shannon walked to the door but then stopped, he turned to see his brother had not moved an inch; he just sat there with a blank expression.

“What’s the matter Jared?” Shannon’s voice was concerned again.

Jared looked at his brother blankly, “Who’s Tomo?”

...

Shannon remained silent for the whole of the journey back to the tour bus. Hours ago he was told that his brother was hit by a car which lost control on the icy roads and that he has lost his memories, After a short period of time he actually thought his brother was fine in till only moments ago when he found out that he had forgot he was in a band, he forgot his own best friend and also he did have a clue what 30 seconds to mars meant or was.

His fingers tapped the steering wheel of his jeep as he drove, Jared sat next to him in the passenger seat, and he sat silently as he gazed out of the side window.

“I wonder if he remembers how to drive?” Shannon thought.

It was around lunchtime when they got back to the bus, Shannon parked the jeep and got out, and Jared soon followed. He looked round him like he had never seen the place before yet he was only here this morning.

“Where are we?” he asked,

“Home” Shannon replied simply.

The bus looked big from the outside yet the inside looked bigger. It had a simple layout with two lounges one big and one small, a kitchen with a breakfast bar for a dining table, a bathroom area and a bedroom full of bunk-beds.

Shannon opened the door and entered, Jared followed afterwards yet he entered more cautiously. His hands remained in his pockets as he walked close to Shannon, suddenly he froze.

A bearded figure sat on a couch reading a book, he wore a black jacket and jeans, and he also wore simple trainers. He turned a page and then looked up to meet Jared’s gaze,

“Oh! Hi Jared” he said with a smile.

Jared did not respond yet he just stared, Shannon sensing danger walked over to the man and whispered something into his ear, the man’s smile almost turned into a frown,

“Oh...” he simply said.

“I’m sorry...” Shannon spoke out loud now, “...but he will remember soon...” he glanced at Jared, who was still frozen to the spot,

“Jared, please try and remember...this is Tomo, your best friend...remember Tomo?”

Jared took a deep breath and closed his eyes; he tried to remember, yet after moments of silence tears started to appear,

“Jared!?”

Shannon rushed to his side,

“I’m trying” Jared’s voice was shaky, “...I’m trying”

Shannon pulled him into a hug, he continued to cry. His slim frame was shaky in his brother’s arms.

“It’s just blank...” he spoke between gasps, “My mind is blank”