Chapter Three

Jared was on the road to recovery, everyday he remembered a memory of which was lost. Yet there were some memories which were best to be left forgotten.

One night, Shannon woke up in the dark to hear the sound of crying,

“Jared?”

He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as they adjusted to the dark. He then glanced over to where Jared would sleep; his was lying on his side facing the wall. At first Shannon thought he was asleep yet when he looked closer he could see he was shaking.

“Jared?” he repeated, no answer.

Shannon got out of his bed and walked over to his younger brother, when he got closer the shaking looked more obvious. He paused before he placed his hand on Jared’s shoulder; his brother flinched slightly but then continued to shake. Shannon rolled him towards himself to find his blue eyes wide open and tears streaming down his face.

“Jared!”

Jared closed his eyes as some more tears squeezed through the gap of his eyelids.

“Oh Jared! Come here; let’s get you cleaned up...”  Shannon spoke softly as he wiped a tear off his brother’s face.

Jared got up slowly as he shook; the collar of his white t-shirt was damp from his tears. Shannon pulled him into a hug as he sobbed.

“Don’t worry if you can’t remember-” he started,

“It’s not that...” Jared’s voice was quite and shaky like his form.

“I remembered...” he said through sobs, “...that Judas is dead”

Shannon paused, his brother continued to cry into his shoulder as he froze.

He started to pat his brother on the back lightly yet it didn’t seem to help. After a couple of minutes Tomo popped his head through the doorway which lead to the kitchen.

“Midnight snack?” was the first thought that came to Shannon.

Tomo looked guilty as well as concerned as he went to open his mouth yet Shannon shook his head,

“His remembered Judas” he mouthed to Tomo, it took a couple of seconds for him to understand; he nodded after a pause and then crept back out of sight.

The silence continued in till Jared spoke making Shannon jump,

“Has Tomo got a never ending stomach or something...”

And for the first time since the accident Shannon laughed.

 ...

 “Come on Jay! Hurry up!”

Shannon shouted over to his brother who was metres behind, he walked slowly like he was walking on ice as he looked around with big blue eyes. It was his first day outside in the streets since he hit his head, and he obviously wasn’t liking it.

“I want to go home...” he repeated for the hundredth time,

“Don’t worry Jared, this will do ya good!” said Tomo encouragingly as he decided to tag along. Shannon walked ahead as Tomo stayed with Jared, Shannon and Tomo were both wearing sunglasses to hide there identity yet Jared didn’t as he refused. Shannon told him that he had to because he was part of a band yet Jared just stared back blankly, in the end Tomo and Shannon agreed to let him have his way as it was on the news that Jared was involved in an accident and people would at least have the decency not to approach him.

“I want to go home...” he whispered.

When they reached the centre of LA Jared froze, the place was pack with people as they moved in every direction possible, what looked like business men wore smart suites and walked with a phone to their ear and a suitcase in their free hand. Children ran round their mother’s legs as the mothers desperately tried to keep them under control and shoppers strolled with bags full to the rim with shopping.