Chapter 24: Discovering Oneself (Part 2)

"Since when?" I was still so shocked that I could barely move.  

"Let's just say...Way, waaaaay back before you were even born." She answered.  "D-does he know?" I asked feeling uneasy.

"No, not even now actually."

It was just so confussing...I dont get it. This has to be a joke. I mean...why would...how could...It's impossible, right? This doesnt make any sense. If she did like him....then why were she even supporting us from the start? Why would she even give advice to be about him? And if she did like him, why was she so mad when she found out that I rejected him? I mean...if she does like him, then shouldnt she be more...relieve? and happy? 

"Mackenzie...I don't understand...Y-you can't be serious, right?" I choked. 

"I'm sorry." She said. "Through it might be hard to understand, explain even. It's true, I like him, since...as long as I could remember. I'm sorry." 

"If you like him...then, why havent you guys dated? I mean, havent you tried to ask him out?" I asked.

*Sigh~ "Remember, when I told you that...Marshall ran away from the nightosphere? and returned after a couple of years? The time...when he fully changed he's image?" She looks depressed.

"Yeah." 

"Well...Through he changed he's image at that time...It was obvious that he was still miserable. So miserable that you just can't imagine....I know too many about him...how sad...what he had been through...and how lost. He was a mess...but I liked him. Love him even. I wanted to help him...real bad. But I was too scared...I was scared to face the possiblty that I might not be good enough for  him. That I might have to face the fact that I'm no good for him...I was scared." She looks like she was in pain. 

"But still....I wanted to leave him alone, cause it wasnt even my bussiness, but there was still apart of me that I just couldnt....I couldnt leave him! I wanted to be he's friend. I wanted to look after him even if it was only in a friend way. Cause friend or not...I just really wanted to be there for him. So...One day, I decided that I would never confess to him if he didnt confess first. Cause..I was scared to be rejected, scared that our relationship might turn awkward. I didnt really care if he'd confess or not. All that mattered was that I was with him...I could stay with him...I could help him and  be there for him. Making him happy and to help him to forget all the bad things that happened to him was good enough for me. Making him happy....was all I ever wanted."

With her words...and how she said it. It was obvious that she meant it. I didnt know...Mackenzie cared about him so much. How....she loved him.

"Fionna...I was relieved...believe it or not." She continued with a silent voice. "The day that....I found out that...he met you. Brought so much light in he's world. He...finally found something that he wanted to fight for. I never saw him...so serious about a girl before. How he would just...shine, whenever that he would see or hear your name. It was obvious, he loved you. H-he was never this happy....before he met you." 

....

"Y-you have...no idea, how happy I was...to see him that way. Happy." She was slowly tearing up. "I wanted...to support you two...whatever it takes...I wanted you two to be togethere. S-so...I could finally be at peace and intrust him to someone who is worth giving Marshall to." A  tear slided down her face. "I-I.. wanted to help him...to get to you and make you realize that you love him too....c-cause...you were he's only chance...for happiness....and freedom from that awful rule of being the ruler at nightosphere. I wanted to make you realize what you've done to Marshall's life. How you made it a happier place for him. I loved the idea of Marshall being happy! Even if it would mean letting him go." 

I choked...I was sweating...and....I felt quity.

"Bu-But...When I found out that....you rejected him him...so many times. That it actually made him give up and consider the idea of being the new ruler, PISSED ME! You were...basically the only happiness that was left. The only reason why he shoudnt take that job that he didnt want!" I saw her fist tightened. "And...the idea, of him marrying me...was the most bittersweet thing that I never knew." 

"I was in love...yet disgusted by the idea of him marrying someone that he didnt love. Me."  She added. "Through I said that it's not that easy to back off from our wedding...Honesty, I'm not really looking forward to it. I kinda....dont wanna do it actually. Cause whats the point if the groom is obviously in love with someone else." 

She said with a voice that say's 'I pity myself.' 

It was hurtful to hear...those things from her. I didnt realize that I've hurt so much people. I kept quiet cause I think she might wanna smack me. 

"Mackenzie...I'm sorry." I said, feeling lost and naive.

"But if you seriously can't find it in your heart, Fionna. That you love him? Then...you'd better back off." She said suddenly.

I was off quard. I what? If I can't what? Then I what?!

"W-what?" I felt confussed.

"If you can't make him happy...then i will."  She said seriously. "It might take a while for him to fully forget you. But believe me when I tell you this...I will do my best. If taking Marshall away from you is the only way for him to be happy...Then I'll definetly do it. Without second thoughts." 

I wanna believe that she was just fooling around...that she was only testing me....but with the atmosphere that she's giving me with those eyes....Got my knees all weak.

She was serios, dead.

"So tell me, Fionna. Is the reason why your going to the nightosphere is to tell Marshall that you love him?" She asked, slowly coming towards me.

"Mackenzie..." I felt nervous. "Cause if not....Then I'm not going to allow you to go anywhere near him." She interrupted and while I was moving backwards from her, I immediately hit Marshall's wall and dropped the bug milk I was holding.

"Mackanzie...I just want to..."

"Since your not going to tell him you love him....what are you planning in telling him then?" 

"I just..."

"Telling him to stay just bacause you'll miss him wouldnt help. It's ridiculous." She hissed.

"Then what do you expect me to---"

"YOUR JUST GANNA MAKE IT WORST! Telling Marshall that you love him is the only way to fix this! Don't get me wrong, I'll glady stop the wedding if your telling me you love him! For the sake of Mashall's happiness, I'll do anything. But if this is about your friendship with him then lump off! Stop making this complicated for him! Stop making him hope that there might be something more for him then just a friend! He's not a toy, nor a thing and more then just your tail that follows you everywhere!" She's now pissed. 

"So if your just here to stop him from the only possible way to forget you...then please...just leave him alone. He had enough. Stop doing this to Marshall." She said. "Please...I beg you." her anger was slowly fading away....

What am I suppose to do? 

"So please....this is going to be the last time I'm going to ask you...." Her words was frightening me...got me paraniod...got me messed. 

"Do you love him...or not?"

I knew it.

Her words...were almost similar to Cakes words...but much more in tense, much more serious and hurtful. They were right.

Saying it straight to Marshall if I do love him or not...is the only way to fix this. The only way to make this messed up situation clear up. Which...is so difficult to pull off.

The question kept running to my head:

Do I love him?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
I knew it....I still didnt know.

The silence between Mackenzie and me was seriously maddening. My heart was poudning and my throut hurts....so difficult to think.

....

I wanted to face it. The problem but i just couldnt pull myself together. 

Maybe...Mackenzie is the rightful person for Marshall? I mean...above all of us...She is the most concern for him. It was obvious that she loves him....so much. And...maybe leaving him...is the right thing to do?

I-If I care about him....then I should also think what is right for him. Maybe...letting this wedding happen is the only way for him to move on...with Mackenzie. 

I believe...Mackenzie is rightful for Marshall....All she ever done...was....all for Marshall. While me...All I did was hurt him...I don't even know myself anymore. 

It's hard to face but.....I also...wanna make him happy...and maybe...this is the only thing I could do for that to happen. 

Strong...is all I need to be right now.

I once more looked at Mackenzie's red, blood eyes. And realized what I needed to do....For Marshall...and for Mackenzie.

I gently, slowly pulled Mackenzie away from me. My head was down, I was slowly walking towards the door...feeling empty, stupid, lost, hepless and weak.

"Wait...You havent answered my question, Fionna. Do you love him or not!?" She said as I already opened the door.

As hurtful as it is...I was repeating the same thing on my head... This is...the right thing to do, right?

Well...if it was for Marshall's happiness...then it better be. 

It has to be.

This is...probably the only way....to make things different...but in a good way...right? 

I slowly turned to her and gave her a smile and said:

"Have a nice wedding....I wish you happiness and for Marshall's."

This is okay... Mackenzie...compared to me...is a better choice for Marshall. 

Author's Note!

PEOPLE! FOR THIS CHAPTER~! PLEASE DON'T LOOK FOR ME AND KILL ME FOR THERE ARE MORE THINGS TO COME~! 

hehehe....you guys are most probably pissed and wanna hit me, right? Well....please don't -_- i BEG YOU! There are more things to find out, guys. :) Don't get too mad because of this. :"") I hope you understood Mackezie's side. I think I've done a horrible job with explaining all kinds of junk in this chapter, so if you guys didnt understood anything then feel free to ask me okay~! :) 

Wanna see the next chapter? then, as usual, PLEASE COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. Please, don't use any vulgar words to describe how depressing or whatever you guys think of this chapter. Remember, there are more things to find out. So please stay with me~! :) <3 love you guys for all the support and 3000 readS~!! Please continue reading and FIOLEE Forever! Pretty please comment alright? 

SIGNING OFF!