Chapter 5: His Past

We just got to Marshall's house and from the very moment we went inside, Mackenzie went straight to Marshall's coach and sat on it.

"Ouch." Mackenzie frowned. "Still not planning to replace this rock?"

She looked at Marshall and gave him a grin. "I don't need a real coach Mackie. I float, and so do you." Marshall sighed.

"So can Fionna?" Mackenzie raised an eyedrow.

"Urgh, can you just---"

"Okay, okay. Let's not fight. Remember, we're here to chill, not fight." I interrupted.

"We would be fighting with some jungle monsters if we werent in my house." Marshall pointed out to me. "Hey, just chill." I said calming him down. Marshall sighed then scratched his head and said. "Okay fine, fine. Since i'm the reason why we're here, then fine." "Wait, what?" I asked curiously.

Marshall looked at me with an obvious look. "Come on Fi, we both know why you agreed to come and chat with my little friend over here.

"Continue." I wondered while looking at him, feeling really confussed. He smirked at me, following with alittle chuckle. "You agreed to Mackie's offer because you wanted to know more about me. You're curious about me Fi." He took a step toward to me, wearing a weird smile on his face. 

I somehow felt embarrassed so I just gave him a small, gentle slap at his face. I smiled and said "Yeah, whatever."

I was walking towards Mackenzie, who, and may I point out, was looking at me while grinning. "You guys are so cute." she said.

"Sure, sure." I said doubtfully. 

"Hey Marshall, grab me something in your closet for me to wear for the night. I'm sleeping here for now." Mackenzie said confidently.

"Why are you ordering me around? this is my house." Marshall glared.

"Then you'd rather have me going inside your room instead? where you hide some certain things that girls shouldnt see?"

"No, no. No need, I'll  get you some clothes." Marshall said swiftly as he immedietly floated to his room.

~~~~~~~~~

"So, how long have you known Marshall lee?" I asked Mackenzie.

"Oh, I met him when I was 5. Our family's are close." Mackenzie replied with a smile.

"Really? How close?" I asked again.

"Well...really, really close exactly....My Dad was...his Mom's ex-boyfriend." She tried to reply on her shocking answer.

"Woah..." I murmured to myself.

"Of course before we were born. My Dad and his Mom were a couple before his mom fell for another. So after his mom hooked up with this, other person, they were able to make a bouncing baby boy, Marshall."

A bouncing baby boy? doesnt that mean...Marshall was fat when he was born? Hehe, kinda cute. I wish I had seen it.

"Really? Do you know Marshall's dad?" I asked curiously.

"Well, from what I heard...Marshall's Dad was a human." Mackenzie said and It just shocked the nightosphere out of me.

"His Dad's a human?" I asked again.

"Yeah, I guess." 

"Do you know how they fell in love?" I asked once more.

"My Dad use to tell me that Marshall's mom met him here, at the Land of Aaa and that he was just so extraordinary. He was extremely different from all the other human she had killed. He said that there was just something about Marshall's dad that his mom didnt see in other humans. He was kind, caring, still treated her as a woman even though she killed so many. Yes, the human didnt trust the demon. Of course he was scared of her. But he didnt really paid attention to the obvious facts. She was a woman and that he still managed to..kinda.. respect her. Marshall's mom deeply wanted to kill him, she did, with all her might, because she couldnt take all the unknown emotions that Marshall's dad was making her feel. She hated all the confussions and the uneasy things that this human was making her feel, it was frustriating. But whenever she would attempt such a thing...she just couldnt. couldnt face the fact that she, the most dreadful demon of all, couldnt kill the weak, the breakable and the most lowest of all the lowest creature. She couldnt believe that she fell in love with him."