Chapter 16

A note to my readers: first off thanks so much for all of the support! i couldn't have gotten this far without yall!! I love you guys! If you're reading this, thanks so much and i hope you're enjoying it! Guys please click that vote button if you like it!(:

-Brittany!

 Gracie POV

"Yes sir," I answer, "she's here. Why? Is everything okay?" 

"Somethings happened." The man replies. 

I nod, "Ans, it's for you." 

Ansley hops off the couch and strolls over to the door. She looks calm. I can only imagine how she's really feeling though. I watch as her and the officer walk over to the end of the porch. 

"I'm sorry." I hear the officer say. 

Ansley sits down on the porch and puts her head into her hands. The officer looks at me and frowns as Sam and I walk over to Ansley. 

"What is it?" I ask. 

"Her father was murdered today. We think it was possibly a robbery. His truck was found outside of the old hotel. He was found shot inside of the hotel and the front door was shattered." 

I stand there and let my jaw drop before putting my hand over my mouth. I already know he's dead. I already know about the truck and exactly where it was. I know about the door, in fact, I know who shattered the door. I know about his death and that he died of a fatal gunshot wound. Heck, I even know who killed him. I know what happened prior to his death, I know why he was killed, I know what happened right after his death. I know the exact place he was found. I even know who made the phone call to the police. Suddenly, I almost feel guilty. 

"We're gonna need her and y'all girls to come down to the station. It ain't much of anything," he says, "we just have to ask a few questions." 

"Questions?" I ask.

"Yes'm." He answer, "It'll only take a couple er' moments. It ain't nothing big mam, we know what had happened. It's just procedure little ladies."

I want to cringe at the thought that he "knows" exactly what happened. Mostly, I want to cringe at his awful southern accent. 

We follow the officer out to his car and climb in. 

As we arrive at the station and climb out other cars pull in. The station is unusually busy but I guess murders don't happen often around here. 

------------------------------ 

POV ANSLEY

I nod my head and follow the officer I to the room as Sammy follows behind me. We sit down at a surprisingly warming table. 

"I know this is here is hard for you Ansley," the officer begins, "but now we have to come up where you will go. Now I see that you have been living with, Miss Sammy here?" 

"Yes sir," I nod my head, "dad said he trusted her and wanted me to be living with some one who was home more often. Then we lost the house and... Well, it was my only choice." 

The officer scribbles onto a clipboard. 

"Would you want to stay living with her?" The officer asks. 

"Of course..." I answer, "I couldn't imagine not being with her. I know it's what my daddy would want." 

I feel sick for saying that. I feel sick thinking of his bloody body lying dead at the cost of a gun in my hands. His blood on me. I can still smell his warm blood in the air. That isn't normal. This isn't normal. I want to throw up. I want to tell the truth and cry and just give it all up. I look over at Sammy. She looks concerned but she's giving me a "I'm-Proud-Of-You" look.