Chapter 11

SCOTT'S POV

The six of us were sitting downstairs watching a movie (The Wizard of Oz – much to Alex's delight) when we heard something that sounded like a gunshot echo through the house. All of our eyes widened as we looked at each other then up the stairs.

"Maia." I said before getting up and sprinting up the stairs to Maia's bedroom. Once I got there, I tried to open the door but it was locked. I decided to break it down.

"Someone help me!" I called. Alex and Hayden were at my side in an instant, helping me to break down the door. As soon as we did, we didn't like the sight. Maia was barely conscious, her breathing ragged, and her hand clutching her left side, tear tracks running down her face and pain etched onto her beautiful features. We all ran over to her and Mitch and I knelt down next to her.

"CALL 911!" Alex screamed to no one in particular. Chris sprinted to his room to get his phone.

"Hold on Maia, help is coming. Stay awake for us baby." Mitch said, stroking her hair and pushing it gently off her forehead, even though he could barely see with the tears that were streaming down his face.

"Mitchie?" She whispered, her voice barely audible.

"I'm here baby sister." He answered softly.

"He did this." She whispered.

"Who did baby?" Mitch asked softly, caressing her cheek.

"Kidnapper." She breathed before her eyes fluttered closed. Mitch and I looked at each other with wide eyes. HOW THE HELL DID HE FIND US? Also, why didn't he take Maia? I thought.

*At the hospital*

The six of us, Mitch, Alex, Hayden, Chris, Justin, and I all arrived at the hospital and went straight up to reception.

"We're looking for Maia Grassi." I said to the receptionist, still holding on to Mitch.

"She's still in surgery at the moment, but if you sit in the waiting room, I will let you know when you are able to see her. Are any of you family?"

"I'm her older brother, and the rest of them are our roommates." Mitch replied.

"Alright. I will let you know when she comes out of surgery." The woman said, before gesturing to seats in the waiting room. We all sat down, Mitch sitting on my lap, hugging me, and resting his head in the crook of my neck. I started rubbing his back in an attempt (which would highly likely prove futile) to comfort him.

*3 hours later – After Surgery*

ALEX'S POV

"I have good news and bad news. Which would you like first?" The doctor asked.

"Good news please." Hayden requested.

"Well, the good news is that Miss Grassi survived the surgery and the bullet did not hit any vital organs." The doctor replied.

"What's the bad news?" I asked.

"I am sad to say that there is more bad news than good. Even though we got the bullet out and she survived the surgery, she did have a severe amount of internal bleeding as well as external because the bullet went in very deep. Although we have managed to stabilise her as well as the bleeding, because of the amount of blood she lost, it seems that Miss Grassi has slipped into a coma and we are not sure when she will wake up." As soon as the doctor said this, Mitch collapsed into a fit of violent sobs. Scott hugged Mitch tighter than he already was (as Mitch was already clinging onto Scott like Scott was his lifeline), trying to comfort him. I looked at Scott to see that he also had tears running down his face. I decided to call the rest of Pentatonix to let them know. Yes, I know it is 4am, but they deserve to know as soon as possible. I knew that neither Scott nor Mitch are in any fit state to let the rest of Pentatonix and the Grassis know so one of us had to do it for them.