Chapter 1

MITCH'S POV

We currently had a day off and I found myself thinking about something...or should I say someone that I haven't thought of in a while. My sister, Maia. She is one year younger than me, but she was kidnapped when I was 11 and she was 10. She just went missing one day and I never heard from her again. My family and I have been looking for her ever since. However, 7 years after she was missing, the police decided to call her death in absentia. I couldn't believe it. I always hoped that she would find her way back to us or we would find her someday. Whenever I think of her it makes me sad. Does she miss me? Is she alright? Will I ever see her again? I need to go for a walk and clear my head. I walked towards the door of the bus when I heard a voice behind me.

"Where are you going?" Kevin asked curiously as he saw me walking to the door.

"I'm going for a walk, I need to get some air." I replied. This was true, but I didn't specify exactly why.

"Ok, but don't be gone for too long, we need to leave in about an hour." Avi said.

"Don't worry, I won't be long." I said before turning around and heading out the door.

MAIA'S POV

I finally got away. After 11 years of being imprisoned in that godforsaken place. I was running, constantly glancing behind me, making sure I wasn't being followed. My kidnapper had taken me out for a trip to the park so I could be out in the sunshine. I noticed he hadn't been watching me as closely lately. Maybe he'd been losing interest in me. Whatever the reason, it was extremely welcomed. The abuse had gotten slightly less and I was not complaining about that. Anyway, back to the situation. The second he wasn't looking, I ran. I ran as fast as I could to get away from him. I stayed off major roads, in fact, roads in general, but at the moment I was running down a footpath on, what I thought was, a deserted road. Without looking, I turned a corner, but I ran into something hard and fell backwards onto the footpath, groaning. I look up to see the silhouette of a man. I had no idea who it was and I was too tired to even bother looking. I just hoped it wasn't my kidnapper. Then, whether it was due to exhaustion from running so long, or from hitting my head on the ground, I fell into darkness.

MITCH'S POV

I was about to head back when I felt something hard bang into me. I spun around to see a girl on the ground unconscious in front of me. I knelt down next to the unconscious young girl at my feet. She looked around my age and kindof familiar. Who was she and what, or who, was she running from? I looked up to see if anyone was following her and, thankfully, I couldn't see anyone. I then did something completely crazy that I am not sure whether I will regret it or not later...I picked her up bridal style and took her back to the bus with me.

KEVIN'S POV

I wonder where Mitch is? He has been gone for about half an hour now and we have to leave soon. Before any of us could think on it any further, someone knocked on the door. I wonder who that was? It couldn't be Mitch, since he had a key, so I was curious to see who it was. I walked through the aisle of the bus to the door. I finally opened it to see the unexpected. Mitch was carrying an unconscious girl in his arms. I am guessing he saw the questioning look on my face.

"Help me get her inside and I'll explain." He said mysteriously.