Chapter 10

*That Night*

MAIA'S POV

Mitch was in his room on his laptop and Scott and I were in the kitchen, tidying up after dinner. Perfect time to tell him about my plan.

"Scottie?" I asked in a low voice.

"Yes Princess?" He answered.

"I need to tell you something." I stated, hoping he wouldn't think my plan was too horrible. This gained his attention.

"What is it Buttercup?" He asked, looking at me.

"You know how I said I was going to hang out with Kevin and Avi this afternoon." I said. He looked at me suspiciously.

"Yeah?" He asked cautiously.

"Well, we weren't just hanging out. We hatched a plan." I revealed. He raised a non-existent eyebrow.

"What might this plan be?" He asked.

"Ok. I want to sing a song to Mitch onstage at one of your shows, but he can't know. I would love if you guys backed me up. So, recruiting the help of Kevin, Avi, and Kirstie, we started arranging the song that I had chosen. We couldn't tell you right away because you and Mitch were filming and it would look suspicious if I suddenly dragged you away for 5 hours with no explanation. So, what Kirstie is going to do tomorrow is take Mitch on a shopping trip - as long as she can - so you can learn and add to the arrangement we have started. It was difficult without you and Mitch, but it we did our best." I explained in a soft tone so Mitch wouldn't be able to hear us, even though he was upstairs in his room - probably with the door shut.

"That is was too cute." Scott replied with a smile on his face. "What is the song?"

"Flashlight by Jessie J." I revealed, blushing slightly. A grin appeared on his face.

"Aww! You are too adorable Princess." He stated, ruffling my hair.

"Stop it!" I complained, pushing his hands away from my hair. I was around the same height as Kirstie so I was WAY shorter than everyone that I lived with. Even though I have only lived here for a little while, the guys have already given me nicknames. Some of these include - Munchkin (Alex) – (A/N: yes, that is a Wizard of Oz reference), Princess (Scott & Mitch), Mini Grassi (Justin, Chris, and Hayden), Buttercup (Scott), and Angel (Mitch).

"Anyway, Kirstie said she would be taking Mitch shopping tomorrow – just the two of them – so Avi and Kevin could come over and help me teach you your part to the song." I stated.

"Sounds like a plan." Scott stated as we finished cleaning up. After we finished, I skipped upstairs to my room. Before I got there, however, a pair of arms pulled me to the side.

"MITCH!" I exclaimed.

"Hey Princess. Kirstie called me and asked me if I wanted to go shopping with her tomorrow, just her and I. Will you be ok on your own?" Mitch asked nervously.

"I'll be fine Mitchie. I'll just hang out with Scott for the day." I replied with a smile on my face. He smiled and moved closer to me in order to give me a big hug.

"You're the best." He stated, pulling away.

"I know!" I said, flipping my short hair. Mitch glared playfully at me as I did this. "Catch me if you can!" I screamed before running away.

"Bad movie Princess." He called before chasing after me. I sprinted downstairs to Scott once again and hid behind him.

"Maia? What's wrong?" He asked, a concerned look on his face.

"Mitch is chasing me." I replied, before looking over at Mitch, who has just descended the stairs. I squeaked and clung to Scott. "He's gonna tickle me."

"Not if I get to him first." Scott stated. Mitch's eyes widened as Scott began chasing him around the living room and kitchen.

"I SURRENDER!!!" Mitch screamed as soon as Scott caught him and started tickling him.

"Oh no you don't. I've got you now!" Scott exclaimed. I heard footsteps coming from upstairs and looked up to see Alex, Hayden, Chris, and Justin looking down at us over the railing of the floor above us in amusement as a result of our antics.

"Do we even want to know?" Justin asked. I thought for a moment.

"Nah, I wouldn't bother." I replied, shaking my head and looking back at my brother and his best friend. I heard the other four boys laughing at Mitch's screaming and Scott's laughing.

*Later that Night*

The boys were downstairs watching a movie (I'm fairly certain it was The Wizard of Oz considering the singing I could hear) but I had decided to go to bed as today had been quite a tiring day, although I am not quite sure why.

I had just changes into my pyjamas humming the version of Flashlight that Kirstie, Avi, Kevin, and I had come up with, when I felt a cool breeze blow through my room. My head snapped to the side to see my window was wide open. This freaked me out because, when I walked into my room, it was closed. I took a step back and was about to go down to the boys (there was no way I was dumb enough to "investigate"), but as soon as I moved an arm grabbed me around the neck and a hand covered my mouth. I felt a cold metal circle – the barrel of a gun – press against my temple.

"Scream and you die." I heard a voice say. My eyes widened. I knew that voice. It was the voice that had tortured and tormented me for almost 12 years, it was the voice that haunted my dreams...it was the voice of my kidnapper.

"H-How did you f-find me-e?" I asked nervously, not moving from where I was standing.

"You didn't think you'd get away that easily did you?" He asked in his creepy voice. I knew what he was doing. He was taunting me. "I'm not going to take you again." He stated. I wasn't relieved because I knew that something else...partially something worse was coming. "If you want to make it out of this alive, we're gonna have to have a little fun first." He said, a creepy smile forming on his face.

He closed the door and locked it so I couldn't get away. I knew what he wanted to do. I didn't want to do it at all, but unless I wanted to get shot and die, I really had no choice. Tears fell down my face as I lay limply on my back and unwillingly let him have his way with me, like he had done so many times before. He finally got off me and put his clothes back on.

"Oh, and one more thing." He said. I looked at him with a blank expression. He lifted his gun and pointed it at me. That's when a gunshot echoed through the house.