Chapter 7

*A few days later*

HAYDEN'S POV

Scott and Mitch were at a Pentatonix rehearsal, and Justin, Alex, and Chris were out with friends, so it was just Maia and I at home. Scott, Mitch, Justin, Alex, Chris, and I had an agreement that if Maia was at home, which she currently was, at least one of us would be there with here because she still had a fear of being alone in case her kidnapper would find her and take her away again. I had invited my girlfriend, Kellie, over since I couldn't go out (which I didn't have a problem with as it meant a day of movies and cuddling with my gorgeous girlfriend).  Maia was asleep when Scott and Mitch left cause they had an early rehearsal so when she awoke to find her brother and one of her best friends gone, she freaked out.  Kellie and I managed to calm her down by telling her where they were and that she wouldn't be alone because we were here.

Kellie and I were cuddling on the couch watching a movie when I heard something beautiful echo through the house. It was coming from upstairs so it could only be Maia. Was she...singing? All of us had grown used to Scott and Mitch randomly singing around the house (we loved it), but this was a completely new voice.

"Do you hear that?" I asked Kellie. She was very quiet and listened for a moment then nodded. I paused the movie and we both silently got up and walked upstairs and towards Maia's room.

As we got closer I could hear that she was singing I Need Your Love by Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding. I pushed open her door gently so as to not make a noise.

...I've been a stranger ever since we fell apart,

And I feel so helpless here,

Watch my eyes they fill with fear,

Tell me do you feel the same?

Hold me in your arms again

I need your love

I need your time

When everything's wrong

You make it right

I feel so high

I come alive

I need to be free with you tonight,

I need your love

Am I dreaming?

Will I ever find you now?

I walk in circles but I'll never figure out

What I mean to you,

Do I belong?

I try to fight this but I know I'm not that strong

And I feel so helpless here,

Watch my eyes they fill with fear,

Tell me do you feel the same?

Hold me in your arms again

I need your love

I need your time

When everything's wrong

You make it right

I feel so high

I come alive

I need to be free with you tonight,