Book 2⌇17. Their Binding

Chapter 17 ∣  Their Binding

-Evicka

The hot water cascades from the top of my white hair, down my face and neck, streaming down my exhausted body. There's no beginning or end as my tears blend in with the droplets of water that trails off my cheeks.

My blood circles around the slate tile drain of the shower, reminding me of the aftermath of the first lord I'd killed.

My father...is King Locaine.

It's surreal.

I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that the vampire I thought was the mastermind behind my mother's kidnapping, is, in fact, her beloved and my father.

He sent us away, afraid of the recognized coven leaders. I still don't understand why it wouldn't have been more ideal for us to stay by his side. Under his watchful eye, we would have been guarded by the strongest coven in the world.

My anger gets the best of me as I slam the side of my fist onto the white tiles of the wall.

Instead, he thought it wiser to send us away...never knowing if we were still alive, cutting us off from all communication.

I feel betrayed.

No one thought I could handle the truth.

Maybe, if we had been with you...mother wouldn't have been taken away.

Unfortunately, the damage has already been done. I have no idea what happened to my mother in Moscow, as Lucca continued our course to his home. Although...he was the one to finally reveal the truth to me...I was pissed beyond belief.

Lucky him...he's the closest thing for me to take my anger out on.

I'm not stupid...I know the recognized coven leaders want to take me away. Knowing now that my father is the King, they would naturally use me against him and try to overthrow the crown. I'm not interested in any of this royalty crap.

After all...I wasn't raised on it.

He made damn sure of that.

As soon as we arrived back at Lucca's home, he'd let me storm off. I'm done running. If they want to see me, fine. Come see me. I'm done chasing after my mother...apparently, we will never see each other again for my life is at 'risk.'

I don't even know what I want anymore.

The only thing I'm sure of is the pull within Lucca's blood that calls to me. I don't want to believe that he is the vampire I'm going to spend eternity with after what he's done to me.

Had he known who I'm...and still did all those things to me? Suppressing my power and treating me like a human slave? Torturing me until I gave him just a little bit of information?

The water falls into a small stream before I completely turn the handle, shutting it off. I step out of the shower, wrapping my body in a fluffy black towel and drying my long hair with another.

If I'd been more forthcoming...maybe I could have saved myself all this pain.

At that moment in time, no one could blame me for keeping my secrets close to my heart. I didn't know who I could trust and with Lucca's constant threats of having my now father execute me...I really hadn't wanted to say something I would have regretted.

"I was so naive..."

"No," Lucca's deep voice sounds his presence from the bathroom doorway. I turn slowly to face him, holding my towel close to my body. His eyes catch mine, and he states, "You were brave."