0.1

Juliet was always a quiet little thing, only minding herself in every way. She'd wear almost the same thing everyday, a pleated white skirt, pink sweater, and a pair of white sheer knee socks, but it's not like anyone would notice.

She didn't have many friends, but she enjoyed silence. Her local places to hang out were either the river or a small bakery at the edge of the small town. One day, she was casually chatting with one of the old ladies, nicknamed Dolly, that was very fond of her, talking about current events and such.

Until she saw him, her breath hitched in her throat as she watched the beautiful man sweep, his long hair moving along with his movements. Dark ink scattered his upper bicep, staring at the intricate lines that were on his skin

"Juliet? Are you alright?," Dolly asked, placing his hand on her arm.

"Y-Yes, Dolly, I'm fine," She said, still watching the man's biceps flex as his arms moved. She leaned closer to Dolly and whispered," Who is the man over there?"

"Oh! He's new here, I forgot his name. But he seems like an attractive young man, doesn't he!"

Right when she said this, his dark eyes looked over at the pair and made eye contact with Juliet. Her face flushed as she heard him chuckle, and he disappeared into the back room.

"Dolly! You realized he heard that? I'm so embarrassed," She exaggerated.

"Oh little Juliet, you'll be fine."

|•|

Further into the week, Juliet sat quietly in the student courtyard, munching on the food she brought from home. Her friend, Hannah, walked out happily from the lunchroom, her boyfriend, Louis, by her side.

"Juliet! How are you on this fine day," Hannah happily spoke, pulling Louis along.

"Oh, hello Hannah, hello Louis. But I'm doing well, what about you," Juliet softly spoke, looking up from her phone.

"I'm doing great, as always," Hannah spoke in a cheerful tone, just like she always did.

Hannah was the popular girl, unlike Juliet. She attracted all of the guys, dated the hottest guy on the soccer team, and was the nicest girl you could possibly meet. But she was always so cheerful and outgoing, which means she never really understood why Juliet was too shy or got upset so easily. She would still be there for her during the times Juliet needed someone.

"My cousin came to live with us, since he wanted to get out of his mom's house. He seems like he would be you're type, Juliet, ya know the quiet type," Hannah spoke, nudging Juliet's shoulder.

Louis chuckled and said,"Hannah, quit trying to play matchmaker. Anyways I think Juliet secretly likes herself a bad boy."

Her eyes widened at the statement, seeing as Juliet has zoned out during most of the short conversation. She felt out of it for some odd reason, she wasn't sure why. Ever since she saw the unnamed boy she saw at the shop, she wasn't able to get him out of her mind. What was he like as a person? What his voice sounded like?

She slipped her headphones in and pulled out a moleskin journal, trying to draw the man's intoxicating eyes, and continued to not pay any attention to what Louis and Hannah were saying for a remainder of the lunch period.