III - Copaface

I SLAPPED THE WET MOP ONTO the tiled floor unenthusiastically around the adequate sized diner. It opened at 8:30am, but I had the pleasure of having to come in half an hour earlier to wipe and clean the tables and counter top. The diner had a long stretch of faux marble that curved around, leading to the kitchen, stools that were placed in front of it like the average diner set up. There were booths by the window that took up the square of the establishment, with a few tables and chairs in the middle. Two Hats was the only restaurant of its kind at this side of Brooklyn.
I muttered displeased with my chores, as I always had to be the first to arrive and the last to leave, all while receiving a little over minimum wage.

While ranting internally, I heard the bell of the diner ring signalling that someone had walked in. I looked over to see Miranda. I quickly looked away as our eyes met briefly. I'd rather not talk to her right now. We had a one night stand a while back and now she's fully and wholly adamant that we have some sort of budding romance going on.
I rolled my eyes behind my sunglasses and held back a gutteral groan of annoyance as I heard her walk over.

"Good morning Carter," the red head greeted sweetly, "how are you?" She asked me.

"I'm good, really good," I answered plainly, not looking at her, busying myself with mopping the floor.

"Are you busy tonight?" She started reluctantly and I groaned internally at the obtuseness of this girl next to me, "because I was wondering if you could come over and..." She hadn't finished her sentence but instead she ran a suggestive hand down my arm.

I looked at her, unimpressed, "I'm good, thanks,"

She scoffed at me incredulously, "are you still playing this game?" She asked ridiculously.
I stopped mopping and looked at her, truly stupefied.

Why did I have to screw her? She's a few chick peas short of a samosa! I self berated.

"Look, Miranda-" before I could finish I heard the bell at the door ring again. I looked over at the front door and saw her.
The new girl Mr. Miles spoke about. I hadn't given this new girl thing much thought since I rarely was paying attention anyways but looking at her now I couldn't help but stare blatantly. A small perk of wearing sunglasses.

Fresh meat.

She was a honey blonde, loose curls cascading down her shoulders, dazzling gray eyes that I could see clearly from where I was standing, her red T-shirt hugged her slender, curvy waist flatteringly, as her washed blue jeans did the same to her hips. I unconsciously bit my lips eying her as she walked in and looked around the dinner like a lost puppy. Just then I felt a pain across my arm, a slap.

"Are you serious right now?" Miranda asked as she glared at me.

I snapped back to her and let out a disinterested, "huh?"

"Checking out someone right in front of me?" She said disapprovingly, her hands on her hips, her chilling bright blue eyes staring daggers into me.

I looked at her in disbelief. She really was crazy, "Last time I checked, I could check out whoever I wanted because we," I gestured between us, "are not together,"

She huffed at me, "keep telling yourself that Carter," then flipped her hair and walked off, going to the kitchen, probably to get started on coffee.

I would say that was the last time I would screwed a co-worker, but I looked at the new girl again; she was the perfect ratio of beautiful and sexy.
I wonder what she tastes like? I thought smirking, raking my eyes over her hungrily.
I decided to walk over there to introduce myself. Resting the mop by a chair, I swaggered over to her confidently. My eyes met hers and a hopeful smile adorned her face. Her gray eyes weren't the usual type of gray that I've seen, they're damn near sparkling.