〔eight〕

I sat up quickly, gasping for air as an alarm clock buzzed. At first I had no idea where I was, where I was staying and what was happening, but then I heard Jaime groan and slap a hand over the alarm clock to silence it.

My head was pounding and my hands were sweaty. Once again I had a nightmare, but this time it wasn't about my father and me getting hit, no, it was about everything that happened yesterday. From getting on the bus, to stopping in my neighborhood and me panicking. Austin was sat beside me on the bus, just like it really it happened, Kellin and Vic were across from us- basically everyone was sat how they were yesterday. My panic attack happened, but this time no one helped. They all stared at me and I began to spiral out of control, gasping for air and begging for someone to save me. Out of nowhere my father appeared, snickering and laughing, saying how useless it was for me to be saved when I was just a waste of space and air, that I shouldn't helped, then everything fell dark and I felt as if I was falling through a hole, with no help whatsoever.

Sighing, I ran fingers through my hair and silently got out of bed, going down the hallway where the bathroom was. I flicked on the lights and closed the door, staring at my reflection.

It was weird, seeing yourself in a mirror. Sometimes I wondered how I'd look with different colour hair or different skin tone, or just something that I didn't have now. Of course I liked my hair colour, it was something that I had learned to love and live with ever since I was younger. I enjoyed having vibrant hair and pale, freckle covered skin, but I just wondered who I would be if I were different. Would I be in this orphanage or possibly dreading the oncoming school day? Who would I be if I wasn't me?

I knew once I had woken up fully, I wouldn't be getting anymore sleep, especially after that stupid nightmare. Silently I left out of the bathroom, heading back down the hallway and to the bedroom where Jaime was still fast asleep and so was Kellin. I crawled into my bunk again and sighed softly. Here goes to another sleepless night.

。。。

It was only a few hours before I heard another alarm clock go off and Kellin groaning before rolling out of bed after it was shut off. He left out of the room with a handful of clothes. I got out of bed and went downstairs, seeing Miss McDougall with the toddlers who were wide awake and a baby in her arms. She smiled when she noticed me, setting the baby in a highchair.

"There's cereal over there in the pantry." She said, I nodded and mumbled a thank you, grabbing a plastic bowl and a plastic spoon before rummaging through the pantry where I found Apple Jacks and smiled happily, pouring some into the bowl along with milk.

I sat down on the couch and munched on the cereal, watching the cartoons that the toddlers had on while they played on the floor. After I had finished eating, I got rid of my bowl and went back upstairs where Kellin was drying his hair and trying to get Jaime to wake up.

"Where'd you go?" He asked me, rolling his eyes when Jaime slapped him away.

"I got breakfast." I mumbled, going over to the closet and grabbing some clothes.

"Goddammit Hime, get up!" Kellin said, pushing down on his mattress.

"Leave me alone!" Jaime shouted, slapping a pillow over his head. Kellin rolled his eyes and shook his eyes. I chuckled and left out of the room to take a quick shower before pulling on my clothes and drying my hair to the best of my abilities.

When I got back to the room Jaime had slapped Kellin with a pillow and walked past me, grumbling under his breath and storming into the bathroom. Kellin rolled his eyes and tossed the pillow back to the bed, I just stood there, not really know what to do or say.