Chapter 11

Georgia had been working for Sylvia for a little over a month and since she had decided to stay in her coastal home for the duration of the summer she was enjoying being able to return to her own private space every night.

The job was not nearly as challenging as working for the Maillers had been. She helped Sylvia with her personal correspondences, made sure the house ran smoothly, and helped her plan a never ending cycle of summer parties.

Her first week she helped Sylvia's Granddaughter Renee, Reggie's cousin, with a few things but Renee wasn't the least bit interested in having Georgia help her. Georgia got the distinct impression that the girl thought she was a spy for her Grandmother.

Renee had been travelling abroad for the last month and was due back the following day.  She had phoned her Grandmother to say that she was bringing a few friends with her and that they would be staying for a few days.

The last two weeks of her travels Reggie had flown over to join her and was also conducting some business for the family.  He had seemed pleased to finally be doing something when he had left.  He had arrived home two days earlier and had been in meetings with his father and grandfather about a potential business opportunity.  It was all very hush hush but Georgia got the distinct impression that it was very considerable and would make the family a substantial sum of money.

Reggie had asked her to drive into the city with him that evening for dinner and a show as a celebration of his success. Georgia had bought a new dress and had asked Sylvia for a few extra hours off so that she would be ready in time.  Sylvia had been pleased to let her go, saying that she had worked non-stop for the last week and she deserved, at the very least, a night out on the town even if it was with Reggie.

So at five o'clock Reggie knocked on her door and Georgia was ready for her night on the town.

Georgia had chosen a silk sheath dress that transitioned from a deep purple to blue. The thinness of the dress called for special underwear which she had splurged on and her shoes were wonderfully skimpy and added four inches to her height.  She had decided to wear her hair up and had put on some of her mother's sapphire jewelry.

It had been a long while since she had the chance to play with makeup so she went all out like she used to do. She rimmed her eyes with dark liner and layered her lashes making them look thick and the overall impression was that her eyes were almost violet and huge. The rest of her makeup she kept minimal hoping to keep the focus on her eyes.

Her look must have worked because when she opened the door to Reggie he did a great impression of a fish, his mouth kept opening and closing but no words came out.

Eventually, he took a deep breath and grinned. "Georgia."

"Reggie." He looked very handsome in his tux.  His golden blond hair was combed and is grey eyes danced.

"You're stunning."

Georgia preened a little. It had been so long since she had gotten a nice compliment or felt so confident. "Thank you and you look very handsome. Will we be the talk of the town do you think?"

"No thinking about it. I know we will be." He escorted her to his car with the top up and patiently waited for her to settle herself in place.

The ride went quickly and Reggie was in fine form and kept Georgia laughing the entire way into the city. They parked in a nearby garage and walked a few blocks to the theater holding hands so as not to get separated on the crowded sidewalks.

The lobby of the theater was packed with patrons and Reggie tugged her towards the bar.  The noise level was so loud that it made low voiced conversation impossible. Reggie pushed her towards the bar finding her a place and tried to get the bartenders attention.