Chapter 6

Four years earlier...

Georgia had worked for Diana for a little over a year and things had fallen into a routine that was helping her cope with her almost obsessive thoughts about Ewan Mailler. Her dreams had started out simple, a kiss or a dance, something to suggest that the attraction was there, but as she had spent more time in his presence and she had started to notice little things about him they had grown.

Her morning meetings with him made her feel as if she had run a marathon. Her heart was racing, her palms were sweaty, and her legs were shaky.  She had no clue why her body was reacting so strongly to the man but it was. At first, she had thought it was because he was just a handsome charismatic man and it had been a while since she had been close to any man, but now she wasn't so sure. 

Diana had brought a few men home who were just as handsome and charismatic as Mr. Mailler and they had done nothing to make her heart race or her knees shake.

He never treated her as anything other than an employee.  He never looked at her longer than necessary and he never touched her. Their relationship was the epitome of employer and employee, proper with just enough respect shown not to be considered a suck-up.  

Now, here she was packing a bag to head home for her visa renewal and vacation. She would be gone for two weeks and she was looking forward to getting away, clearing her head, and getting a new perspective on how things stood. Hopefully, she would come back cured because she would hate to lose her job.  It paid well and she was able to build up her retirement funds.

Craig had booked her on a flight to New York with a stop in Dublin. He had apologized for the layover but it was the only flight that wasn't full since she had left the decision of the dates until the last minute.

Diana had been going through a crisis and had to be reasoned with in regards to her leaving. Georgia looked over her room one more time making sure she hadn't forgotten anything and picked her suit jacket up off of the bed. The bright red material set off her dark hair and made her feel powerful.

Putting her thick wool coat over her suit and grabbing her simple rolling suitcase and purse, she walked down the stairs and into the foyer. Noticing there was a car waiting out front she continued on, giving her bags to the driver and climbing into the car. She couldn't hide her surprise as she ducked her head into the car and came face to face with Ewan Mailler sitting in the seat looking at his phone.

"I'm sorry I thought this was the car that was taking me to airport." She started to retreat and when she felt his hand on her arm she could barley keep from jumping out of her skin.

"You're correct. Craig booked us on the same flight."

Georgia eyed him, then his hand which he removed from her arm.

She slowly settled back into the seat as the driver closed her door. "Why?"

"It was convenient and it gives me time to get to know you since it's likely that you'll be around indefinitely."

Georgia didn't know what to say to this.  She was wary about him getting to know her but she was pleased that he thought she would be around for a while. She looked out of the window as the car started to move.

Neither of them spoke other than mild pleasantries until they were seated on the plane in a first class cabin.

"I didn't know you flew commercial," Georgia said suddenly, finding it odd that he was on a plane that wasn't his since he had enough money to have a fleet of them.

"As long as I get where I'm going I don't much care how I get there," he said as he settled back in his seat his arm brushing hers. 

He had given Georgia the window seat and she sunk back into it as far away from his overwhelming presence as was possible. "I find that hard to believe," she said without thinking as she buckled her seatbelt.