Chapter 11: The base of Mt Olympus

After I recovered on MT Olympus I decided to leave. I'm not big with parties and anyway I had to find someone.

I stood on the landing platform looking at the setting sun until someone came up behind me.

"You ever heard of Ethan Nakamura" I asked the guy behind me.

"Yeah he was one of the unclaimed in the Hermes cabin until he changed." said Percy "Why you know him"

"Little bit more complicated than that" I said

"Oh Styx" said Percy "Go to the underworld and ask for Ethan Nakamura"

"Thanks Percy but he's not dead not yet anyway I can feel it" I told him

"You coming in for the party?" asked Percy

"I got some stuff I got to do" I said "Oh Percy you might want to explain to Annabeth why were alone together" as I gestured behind him and he looked around.

"Oh jeez Annabeth, anyway if you are looking for Ethan try at the base of Olympus" said Percy

"Base of MT Olympus got it" I said "Tell Annabeth she's good with that knife" and with that I jumped of the landing platform.

___________________________________________________________________

I walked into the heart of MT Olympus. It was dark so I lit my hand with fire.

Immediately I saw a boy on the ground with a piece of celestial bronze in his stomach.

"Ethan" I said and I ran over to him.

"Hey Rose" said Ethan as he grasped my hand.

"I'm not letting you go yet" I insisted as I produced a healing flame.

"Don't" he said so weakly I felt tears going down my face.

"It's going to hurt a little but after that you should be fine" I said and I took out the sword shard and put my hand to his now bleeding stomach.

As I did this I felt his life flow away from me. I wasn't going to lose him. Not this time.

By the time the process finished I was really weak and on the verge of blacking out, I felt strong hands pick me up and carry me out of the Mountain. As I closed my eyes he shook me back to consciousness.

"Don't close your eyes" he insisted and I struggled to keep them open.

"I'm sorry Ethan" I said

" That's a break up line you don't get to say that" said Ethan as I closed my eyes one last time