Winter and Jacin: Sunny Days

The moment that Winter had asked Jacin to join her on a picnic, he wasn't sure of what to expect. Was he expecting to hate it and complain at every chance he got? Quite possibly. Was he expecting them to get lost in the woods and have to counter their way back helplessly? Very. Was he expecting to come back to the palace, covered in itchy, red splotches that were mosquito and ant bites? Undoubtedly. The only possibility that he was not prepared for was this.

Willow trees scattered here and there, emerald grass spread every inch of the meadow. Flourished with different types of vibrant blooms and blossoms, it was every gardener's dream. Frankly, he was starting to get a migraine from all of the colors.

Winter grinned, flashing her pearly whites up at him. "I told you," she singsonged, giggling. "Isn't it gorgeous?"

"This is where I'm supposed to say that you're more beautiful than this meadow, aren't I?" he deadpanned, fixing her with a bored gaze, with just a tinge of playfulness in the blue-grey depths of his eyes.

Winter winked up at him, an expectant expression painting her face. "Yup! But let's hurry and set up our blanket," She pulled their intertwined hands forward, searching for the chosen area. After they had set up, Winter had rested her head on Jacin's shoulder, admiring the scenery, as he instead stared down at her in adoration. Suddenly, Winter sighed, her dreamy thoughts shifting into a sort of melancholy. Jacin frowned, not liking this new emotion taking over her features.

"What's wrong?" he queried, concerned.

"It's just that," she paused to look at the ground, "Ryu would've loved this."

A pang of guilt struck Jacin's chest. "I know." They sat there for a short period of silence, until Winter spoke up again. "But thank you, Jacin."

He turned to face her, confused. "For what?"

"For saving Scarlet-friend and I," she looked up at him through her lashes.

"You're welcome," Then he kissed her forehead softly. "And Winter?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you bring the food?"

"Um..."

----
so, hey 👋
i haven't wrote on here forever, and i figured, why not fix this one shot book? honestly, i'm going to be editing this spontaneously, so if anyone (probably no one honestly lmao) sees this then please tell me what i should rewrite next, or if i just go in order. okay bye! (to zero number of viewers)