Chapter 2

A/N: Hello little fellas! Thanks for reading this :3 I hope you like it so far, I for myself enjoy writing it a lot c: So, song for this chapter is from Mayday Parade - Happy Endings are Stories that haven't ended yet. I don't know why I just felt like it fitted the story somehow. The picture on the right is supposed to be Lexie and Rebecca! Again found on tumblr. Just imagine the girl with red hair with black hair instead.

Well, enjoy the chapter! Have fun while reading and tell me what you think ^^

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

"So for this project, I'd like you to get together into groups of two", Mr. Jackson said.

I turned around to Lexie and Rebecca, who gave both gave me a sad look. I shook my head and smiled at them. Of course they'd be in one group and I wasn't mad at them for that. They've known each other since elementary school, it was absolutely fine for me. I looked next to me and took a deep breath.

"Hey, Oliver. Let's be project partners, yeah?", I just smiled at him.

He gave me a suprsied look but then nodded. For the project we had to finish a presentation until next week.

As soon as school was over I walked up to Oliver before he could disappear again.

"So for this project thingy, I wondered if we should meet up some time? You could come over to my place", I offered.

He nodded. "When?", he just asked and I gave him a smile.

"Just come over whenever you want to", I said.

Recently I found out we were living at the same street. Our houses were next to each other to be more specific. What still confused me about that was the fact, that he must've got on the bust at least two bus stops earlier on the first school day a week ago.

"Okay, I will. Bye", he said and walked past me.

Lexie and Rebecca walked up to me and gave me a sad look.

"What's up with that facial expression?", I laughed. "I don't mind working with Oli. Really, it's fine", I added and they nodded.

"You're really brave. Whatever happens, we'll be on your side", Lexie smiled and Rebecca nodded. 

"Thanks girls. You're the best seriously", I grinned. I was really happy to be friends with them. They were such nice girls, I'm glad I met them.

We all went home and I entered my house. "I'm home!", I called out.

"Welcome back, honey", I heard my mother and my father call back.

"You don't mind my classmate coming over do you? We have to work for a school project", I asked them as I walked into the living room.

"Of course not, that's perfectly fine", mum smiled and my father nodded.

I woke up the next day. It was saturday so there wouldn't be any lessons I had to go to. I got up and showered real quick. When I finished I got dressed. Red Hotpants and a grey Pierce The Veil shirt. I straightened my hair and let it fall down my shoulders and back. I sighed at the look of my wrists. There were several scars. Some of them faded, some of them were still looking really bad but there were no fresh ones. I promised my parents to never do it again. It was hard but I had to try at least. 

"Cassandra, there's someone at the door!", I heard my mother call.

"Coming!", I called back and went out of my room. I ran down the stairs and walked up to the door. 

"Oh, hey Oli", I smiled at the boy standing in our hallway.

"So you're Oliver", my mother grinned. "It's nice to meet you. If you need anything, just let me know, yeah?", she added smiling.

I rolled my eyes. She always had to be so embarrasing. "Do you want something to drink?", I asked him and he shook his head. "Let's go to my room", I then said and walked upstairs with him.

We entered my room and I sat down on the floor.

"You can sit wherever you like", I smiled at Oli and he sat down in front of me.

"You're a big fan of punk and core bands, aren't you?", he asked and looked around a bit.

I nodded and laughed. "Kind of", I smiled pointing to my PTV-Top.

"That's cool. At least you're not one of that girls who just listen to chart music, fangirling over some mainstream because it's trend", he said.

"Are you more into heavier music as well?", I asked and he nodded.

"Kind of. Linkin Park and Slipknot are pretty awesome", he smiled. I loved his smile, have I told you? It was absolutely gorgeous. He should wear it more often.

We worked a bit for the school project and chatted some more.

"How come you asked me to be your project partner?", he suddenly asked.

I winced and gave him a suprised look. "Well why not?", I shrugged.

"No one ever asked me something like that", he mumbled.

"Well, I believe I did. And I don't regret it", I smiled. "You seem like a nice person, I thought it'd be cool to work with you", I added.

He gave me a suprised look.

"Let's keep working", I sighed and continued to write, the two of us keeping up with the work for quite a while.

"God, I need a break!", I groaned eventually.

"Me too. I think that's enough for today", Oliver agreed and I nodded.

"Let's grab something to eat", I said and got up. "You can stay for dinner if you want to", I offered smiling.

He nodded and my smile widened. As soon as I wanted to open the door, he grabbed me by the wrist. I gave him a confused look.

"Why'd you cut yourself?", he just asked and I winced. Well I didn't expect that.

I looked at my scars and sighed. "Because I was stupid", I mumbled and laughed quietly.

"You're not", Oli said. I looked up at him. "I don't know your reasons but you should never be ashamed of those scars. They add up to what you are now, a strong person. You didn't give up, you didn't lose hope. You should be proud of that", he just said, staring right into my eyes. I got lost in them and felt my eyes well up with tears.

"Thank you, Oli", I mumbled wiping them away.