ten

"Stop this!"

Calum looked at Haley with pain in his eyes. She seemed upset, and he knew exactly why. There's only two choices for him to do in thus situation, a) keep trying to be the tough guy and lose her or b) go back to his sad self and Haley would be confused.

He didn't want to lose Haley. He had no one in this world who cares about him. No one but Haley. He can't let her go and creating more misery.

"I ... I'm sorry ...."

Being the tough guy actually didn't help him. He felt guilt and regrets, telling him that he's the one who hurt her now. He felt like he's gonna turn to be a guy who never cares, and he didn't want that. Now, the thing he did gave him a new feeling; worry. He's worrying about Haley, he's worrying that she's gonna leave him, he's worrying that he'll turn to be an asshole for the rest of his life.

My fault. All of this.

He thought all of this were his fault. His mind's complicated. And he couldn't understand himself. He was on the verge of tears, and his breath was getting heavier.

"I can't understand you!" Haley yelled at him.

It hurt him to see Haley like that. If she yelled at him, it means that she's getting tired of him, which might make her leave anytime soon. His worries getting worse. He never thought that Haley would yell at him.

"I don't ... understand myself either," he stuttered softly, tears running down his cheeks.

It's all my fault!

Haley's face softened, realized what she just did. "What's wrong with you, Calum?"

His breath quickens. Haley's eyes widened in fear. "I ... don't ... know ...."

"Calum-"

"I ... I ...." He stuttered, trying to control himself. But all he saw were blur, and his mind was a huge mess. "I'm sorry, Haley. I'm ... I'm so sorry ...."

"Calum-"

"Leave ... leave me alone ...." Calum turned away, still trying to breathe. "I'll ... be ... okay ...."

Haley just stared at him in shock as he walked away.

*