nine

"Calum?"

Calum's back. Now he's laying on the couch, trying to act as mean as ever. Haley had been pacing back and forth, afraid to ask something because Calum has changed again.

"Would you go to the living room with me?"

Calum shook his head. Simply because he's lazy. His heart filled with guilt. He didn't want to do this to Haley. She's the best person he could ever have, and he wanted Haley to feel the same way. He usually just say yes without asking anymore question, but right now, he did what Michael told him. To stop the pain.

"Why?" She frowned, showing her puppy eyes to Calum.

Calum's heart softened. God, why do I even have to do this?

"Why don't you go there by yourself?" He snapped, trying to act like a toughest guy on the planet, while actually he's torturing himself right now.

"I thought you would want to watch football with me tonight," she bit her lower lip. "There's Arsenal and Manchester United. I want to see them with you. I thought you'd enjoy it."

Calum fake-groaned. His heart was screaming out loud, telling him that it's so wrong to do this to Haley. Haley wasn't the one who caused the pain, so what's the point on doing this?

"You thought wrong." Calum snapped, glaring at her. "Fuck off."

A hint of pain flashed Haley's face, before she's storming out of the room. What the hell is wrong with him now?

*