Chapter 15

Ray
I woke up hearing movement and groaning.
"Ray?"
"Kj."
"What happened?" I walked up to the side of her hospital bed and grabbed her hand.
"You saved my life. You jumped in front of the bullet that had my name on it."
"How are you still alive?"
"Almost immediately after you got shot the cops busted the door down and shot my dad." She chuckled a little
"Oh yeah. I forgot I called them."
"Wait, you called the cops? How?"
"Well that phone call that interrupted or little session was your dad. I knew shit was gonna pop off. I didn't know this was gonna happen, but I knew something was. Your dad was growing impatient with me. Something was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm sorry you're mom had to die in the process." I looked down trying to fight me tears. She used her free hand to lift my head.
"You can cry in front of me ma." After a few sniffles tears began to roll down my face.
"Kj why'd you lie to me? You made me think you were serious about me, about us! I..." She cut me off by grabbing my wrist and pulling me in for our lips to meet. My heart began to melt as we kissed. We've never kissed like this before. She started to caress my face. Not liking the feeling of confusion I had, I pulled away. I stood there in silence, thinking about everything then a question hit me.
"When were you post to kill me?"
"Huh?"
"Don't play deaf. You heard me, now answer my question."
"Almost a month ago" she said after taking a deep breath.
"Why am I still alive then!?"
"Cause I love you Ray! Okay?! That's why you still alive. I don't have the heart to kill the girl im in love with. I treated you like shit, I did you hella dirty I know I did, but that's cause you dad scares the hell out of me. If I had it my way, I would've never even put a hit out on you. I would've got to know you the right way and on my own. I would've made love to your mind then your heart and eventually your body. But now I can do it my way, and I will. Only if you give me a second chance." She grabbed both of my hands and intertwined them with hers.
"Can we please start over? I wanna do right by you Ray. I wanna graduate with you. I wanna further my education with you. I wanna start my life with you, build my family with you. I want you and only you. Can I have you?" I stood there shocked. I couldn't find the words to say.
"Ray say something." I started shaking my head as if saying no.
"I- I can't. We can't, Im sorry." I snatched my hands away from her and stormed out the hospital. millions of things running through my mind at once. I got in my car and broke down. I just let it all out. I cried for my mom. I cried for myself. I cried for Kj. I even cried for my bitch of a Father. To much was hitting me at one time and I couldn't take it. I need a few days to myself. Clear my head and get my thought process together. After calming down and wiping my face I started my car and made my way home. I drove in silence so I can at least try to process some of this stuff. Pulling up to my house I made no hesitation getting out. I hurried up stairs and packed a week worth of things I would need. I went into my safe and grabbed some extra money. I locked up my crib, hopped back in my car and headed to the school house to get my work. I ain't forget about that. I plan on graduating, I can't let this set back effect my future. It took me less than 5mins to get there. I don't live far from school. Luckily it was a teachers work day so all my teachers were here. Me being a senior i don't have a lot of classes nor do I have a lot of work. I collected my Math work and English work. I went back to my car, put my things in the back, plugged up my phone to the car charger and Aux cord, now to South Carolina I go.
Kj
She rejected me. I poured my heart out to heart, and she rejected me. I mean yeah I kind of deserve that, but she could've gave me a second chance. What I did wasn't that bad.
"Kennedy?" My nurse called out as she entered my room.
"Ma'am?"
"Are you okay? I see the other young lady run out of here a couple of minutes ago."
"Yeah. I'm fine thank you."
"You're welcome and I know it's not my concern or anything, but the way she was crying when we brought you in here and the way she stayed here till you woke up even though you injury wasn't severe shows that she cares for and loves you so much. If you ever want to have your happy ever after don't let her go. Oh and by the way get dressed, you can leave. You got shot in the shoulder, you'll be okay. When you get to the front desk they will give you an arm sling that you need to wear for 2 weeks." I shook my head yes and she flashed me a quick smile and left. I got up and began to put my clothes on. I had to move a little slow cause of my shoulder but I managed. I went to the front desk, they put my sling on and checked me out. Luckily i got shot in my left shoulder, but right handed so I can still drive. I called up one of my old homies to bring my car. It took them not more than 15 minuets to come through. He hopped in the passenger side after dapin me up. I got in the driver's side and made my way to his crib. After I drop him off I'm going to got my baby back.