Uneasy~Chapter five

I lifted my camera.

Snap.

            The luminous city glowed from beneath me. I walked to the very edge of the roof, and leaned against the cold cement wall. The wall came up to my chest, and it lined the entire rooftop.

            I propped my elbows up on it, and rested my head in my hands. With a sigh of happiness, I closed my eyes. I breathed in the fresh air…slowly falling into a deep sleep.

“Hey!” I felt my body make contact with the cold, hard cement. “Hey!” Someone repeated.

            I opened my eyes to see the blinding sun. I saw a hazy figure reach their hand out; I grabbed it and pulled myself up.

“Ted?” My vision became clear.

“What are you doing out here!?” He scolded.

Ted had the personality of his wife.

            He had grey hair that was missing in a lot of spots. He was tan, and had liver spots all over his body. He was relatively skinny, but had a big beer belly. He was about a foot shorter than his wife—she was about six feet.

            Besides his wife, I’m pretty sure he’s the only one who works here.

“What are you doing out here?” He repeated through his gritted teeth.

“I was taking pictures of the city,” I went to pull my camera up, but it wasn’t around my neck where it usually was. I frantically looked around, and saw Ted holding it out to me. I took the camera into my hands nervously.

“Thanks,” I gave him a sheepish smile.

“Get off the roof, and go back to your room. You are forbidden to be up here!” He screamed once again.

            I quickly nodded and ran to my room—completely forgetting about the shattered light. I stepped on the glass and winced in pain and I felt the glass tear through my sensitive skin. I cried out in pain, and hopped the rest of the way back to my room.

“Moooooommmmm,” I whined when I walked in.

            I hopped all the way to the living room and sat on the couch.

“Mom!” I called again.

“What?” She poked her head out of her bedroom.

“I got hurt,” I held my foot up. The skin was terribly shredded, and it was bleeding profusely.

“Oh sweetie,” She ran and got her first aid kit.

            First she poured Peroxide on my raw skin. I sucked in air through my teeth when it sizzled.

“Mom that hurts,”

“Shh,”

She continued to clean my foot before she bandaged it.

“What did you do to hurt your foot like that?”

“I stepped on a broken light bulb.” I sighed out.

She shook her head and laughed. “Be more careful next time.”

            I watched her as she put the first aid kit away. “I’m going out, I’ll be back later,” She kissed me on my cheek, and before I could even respond, she was out.

            I hopped off the counter, onto my good food. I hopped all the way into my room. The dark green walls were getting slightly moldy. Shaking my head, I hopped to my bed and fell onto it. There was a loud creek, and a split second when I thought the bed was going to cave in and break while I was on it.

            In one corner of my room there was a bunch of chargers. Ipod chargers, laptop chargers, phone chargers—which I don’t know why I have, because I don’t have a phone. They were all jumbled up into a big ball. I tried to separate them once, but it just made everything worse.

            In another corner I had probably around fifty books cluttered around and on top of each other. Out of all those books, I probably read and finished around three.

            I lifted my camera from the floor, and walked over to the pile of books.

Snap.

            I then sat cross legged, and searched through all of the books. I made two separate piles—books I would like to read, and books that I don’t want to even bother with. The books that I would like to read pile had five books total. I laughed at myself and walked over to my bed again.

            After an hour of staring at my ceiling, I went into the kitchen. Mom still wasn’t there. I wonder where she went…

(A.N.-Thanks for reading<3)