Uneasy~Chapter four

(A.N.- It's short, sorry<3)

I sighed as I walked out of my room.

I can’t believe I’m listening to Hunter right now., I thought silently to myself.

            I walked down to the lobby and received a menacing stare from Laura. I gave her a sheepish smile, and continued to walk through the tiny lobby.

            Laura wasn’t the most attractive woman in the world. She had dyed brown stringy hair. The tips were so silver I swear it looked like her scalp was lined with dimes.

Her teeth were yellow and awkwardly spaced out—if she got braces, one of those two problems would be fixed.

She was very pale, but she had a lot of red blotchy marks all over her body. She had a few freckles sprinkled along her face and arms.

Laura looked about twenty pounds overweight, but it worked for her. And it’s all about inner beauty, right?

“What are you doing out here?” She asked me, sounding way too similar to the secretary from Monsters Inc.

“I’m just walking around,” I tried to sound as casual as possible.

“No walking around after nine!” She shouted—so much for inner beauty.

“Oh, well I have a purpose,” I started to play with the neck strap of my camera—a little nervous habit I seemed to form as a little kid. “I need to take pictures for my school project, and I was going to go to the basement to-“

“No!” She screamed.

My eyes widened.

“Go!”

            I nodded quickly and ran back to the elevator. I pressed the top floor button, and waited as the elevator shakily started. The doors opened, and I stepped out. I looked around the lengthy hallway.

            It was dark and had a dark green carpet—which had a couple of blood stains on it. I lifted my camera, snap.

            The walls were covered in peeling dark green wallpaper. The walls matched the floor perfectly. They even had the right amount of blood covering them.

Snap.

            There was a single light hanging from the ceiling. It started flickering before quickly crashing to the floor in front of me. I put my hand over my mouth to prevent from screaming and waking everyone up—if there is anyone else in this hotel.

            I felt some blood tricking down from my leg. When the light fell, a glass shard must have stuck me. I pulled the glass out of my leg with shaky hands. When the glass was out, the pain immediately vanished. The blood slowly beaded off the glass, and I almost threw up.

            I continued venturing down the hall when my mini heart attack recovered. I occasionally took pictures of the walls or floor as I walked.

This is the longest hallway ever.

            Finally I reached the door I was looking for; the door to the roof. I jiggled the handle a little bit.

Locked.

            I pulled a bobby-pin off of the neck strap on my camera. I picked the lock with ease, and the door seemed to open on its own. I walked onto the cement roof of the building, and the cold air stung my face.

            I forgot to wear my shoes, so it felt like I was walking on ice shards. The ground seemed to be piercing through my delicate feet. A breath cloud fogged up my view. I blew out air and giggled slightly. I shook my head, trying to get back on track, and walked to the edge of the roof.

            I gazed over the beautiful city below me. I smile in astonishment. How could an alluring city like this, have a terrible building like…this?

(A.N.-Thanks for reading<3!)