Uneasy~Chapter three

(A.N- Hey guys(: This chapter is short and it kind of drags. There is one thing in there that is very important, but I'm not going to say what it is. You probably won't catch it untill the end, but that's alright! :D Thanks for reading, love you all!<3) 

I choked on my own spit when I saw it. I tried to look harder, but I couldn’t. My eyes began to hurt as I kept staring.

~~~

            I brought the picture to school to study it more. I was staring at it deeply at lunch; which wasn’t too good for my eyes.

“What’s that?” Hunter asked as he sat down next to me.

I scooted over slightly. “I’m thinking of using this for the photography project.” I handed it over to him.

“Wow,” Then I watched his eyes move to the background image. “This is really good, but we’re not allowed to use edited pictures, but it looks really real!” He smiled and handed it back.

“Um, yeah I know. It’s not edited.”

“Where did you take that?”

“In my new hotel building…”

“Did you check to see what that was?” He spoke quickly.

“No, I took that last night, I got the pictures back this morning. And there’s no way it would still be there.”

“Might be.”

“I’m not checking.”

“You should.” He then got up and walked away.

I sighed deeply and stuffed the camera into my book bag.

            Sam walked over and sat in front of me. She began to take out her lunch food when she abruptly stopped.

“Where’s your food?” She asked curiously.

Oh, I was so distracted by the picture I forgot about food. “Oh, must have forgotten.”

“You don’t just forget about food! Here take some.” She handed me half of her lunch.

I giggled. “Thanks, but I feel rude, you can-“

“No, you better eat that food missy.” She cut me off.

I laughed. “Fine.”

            After lunch, the rest of the day went by pretty quickly. While walking home I looked down at my hand, which had my homework sloppily written down on it—not that I had anything important to do.

~~~

“Mom?” I called out, walking into our room.

“Hey sweetie,” She kissed my on my head.

“I have a question,”

“What?” She asked worriedly.

“Mom, calm down.” I laughed and walked over to the new-ish kitchen table.

            My mom had gotten it from a room what was being evicted. Ted gave it to my mom for about half its original price. It should have been for free.

            The table was splintering and rotting. There were some small-ish holes in it. One of the corners was broken off too, and one of the legs was shorter than all the others. The table also had some weird swirly design on it that wrapped around the entire thing. When my mom wasn’t looking, I took a picture of it.

            I leaned on in, but I was careful not to lean too hard. Last time I did, it broke. It took about a half an hour to fix it, but we just used glue and duct tape.

“What are my nationalities?”

“Sweetie, you already know that.”

“It’s for school; I need to know what I got from each parent.” I explained.

“Well on your father’s side you’re German and Polish, and on my side you’re Italian.”

“Okay, wait…we’re not Irish?”

“We like to pretend.” She laughed and walked away.

(A.N- Thanks for reading<3)