Uneasy~Chapter eight

(A.N.- Blaah, sorry this chapter is super short. I got lazy :P)

With a sigh of relief, I stepped out of the tiny, breathless, deathtrap of an elevator.

“I’ll see you later, Allison,” Xander smiled.

I nodded, still dizzy from being trapped in there for so long.

“Damn,” Ted muttered under his breath.

            He mainly showed concern for the elevator, none for me or Xander.

“Yeah, we’re fine, Ted. Doooon’t worry about us!” Xander said sarcastically.

I giggled when Ted shot a strong glare at him.

            I scratched my hand nervously, and headed for the stairs. I opened the big metal door that was blocking the stairs from view. As the door closed, the light disappeared.

            My hands swiftly glided over the slimy walls, before they hit the light switch. I flicked it upward. Looking down at my hands, I gagged. There was now a light brown coating over my once clean hands. I wiped them on my jeans, staining them.

            I touched the railing that was lining the spiral staircase. Rust flaked off at my touch. I cautiously picked at the railing, as more rust peeled off. I put one foot onto the first stair, and it creaked. The stairs were splintering and cracking. With one wrong move, I could’ve gone completely through the stairs.

            Light squeaks bounced off the walls and echoed as I continued to venture up to my floor. I reached my floor and pushed on the heavy door. It swung open, but abruptly stopped with a loud bang. I then heard something fall to the floor. I peaked my head around and saw Xander laying there.

“Oh my god, Xander!” I knelt down next to him. “I’m so sorry,” I noticed he was holding his now bleeding nose.

He laughed. “It’s fine. I’m fine.”

“Uhh, come with me,” I helped him up.

“Where?”

“To my room! My mom can help you with that.”

“Alli, it’s really fine. It’s only a little blood.”

“Noooo!” I pulled him to my room. I opened the door, and Mom immediately came up to me.

“Allison, I swear I didn’t take any pi-“ She stopped herself, resting a hand on her hip. “Who’s your friend?” She tried to keep the smile off her face.

“This is Xander; we both got trapped in an elevator together. And I just hit him in the face with a door, so it’d be really nice if you helped him and like…fixed his nose.”

“You hit him with a door?”

“Not on purpose! Now, fix him. Please.”

I sat in an old wooden chair, as I watched my mom “fix” Xander’s nose.

            Xander was tan and extremely tall. He had dirty blonde skater hair that brushed the top of his deep and dark brown eyes. His eyes glistened in the dim lighting of my kitchen.

            A bright flash of light came from outside, quickly followed by a giant boom. Rain began to pour heavily down onto the building. The lights flashed out.

“Well, good thing I’m done with your nose,” Mom laughed.

Xander hopped off the counter. ”Thanks,”

            He walked over to me. “Good thing the weather wasn’t like this when we were in the elevator,” I heard him smiling in his voice.

Good thing this didn’t happen while I was walking up the stairs.

“Yeah,” I giggled.

“Are you afraid of the dark?”

“Um,” I was a little taken back by his question. “Yeah, I am. But if someone else is there, then it’s fine. Like you’re here with me, and my mom is in the other room. So I’m good.”

“But who knows, I could be a murderer.” He laughed.

(A.N.- Thanks for reading! <3 )