Uneasy~Chapter six

I woke up to my mom standing over me.

“Wake up,” Was all she said before walking out of my room.

I got up and followed after her. “I am awake. Where were you last night?”

“I’m sorry. I know I was out late, and to make it up to you,” She held out a bunch of developed pictures. “I got your pictures developed!” She smiled excitedly. “I did it myself!”

I quickly flipped through them, not really paying attention. “Wow, good job Mom!” I tried to sound enthusiastic.

She rolled her eyes jokingly. “Just get ready for school,” I quickly nodded, and walked into my room. I threw my pictures onto my bed without much thought.

~~~

“Hey, Allison!” Sam called for me as I entered school.

“Hi,” I smiled when she ran up to me.

“It feels like we haven’t talked in foooorever!” She stressed the forever.

I laughed. “Yeah, we should hangout sometime,” I smiled.

“Yes! Come over my house later!”

“Alright,”

“Do you walk home?”

“Yeah,”

“Then walk with me, we can meet up here.”

“Okay,” I smiled.

~~~

            After school, Sam and I met up. We began to walk to her house.

“Oh, wait,” She abruptly stopped. “Do you need to tell your parents you’re coming over?”

I thought for a while. Mom didn’t bother to tell me she was staying out so late, so I shook my head. “Nah, she won’t mind.” I smiled.

“Lucky! My mom’s an uptight bitch. She would kill me if I didn’t tell her where I was going.”

Mine too., I thought to myself.

            Her house was two stories, and very spacious.

The whole first floor was white and perfectly clean. The stairs were hidden behind a wall in the very back of her house. Her upstairs was all different colors, and not as clean.

I guessed her mom wanted to impress people.

“Did you meet Hunter yet?” Sam asked me.

“Um, yeah. We have photography together.” I smiled.

“Isn’t he just amazing in every single way?” She looked up. Her blue eyes twinkled.

“I’m guessing you like him?” I giggled.

“Well duh! Do you like him?”

“As a friend I do,”

“How do you not like him? Wait, are you a lesbian?”

I laughed. “No, I’m not. Just, I don’t know him well enough to like him yet.”

“Oh, well that’s pretty logical. But I’m going to be checking in on you every so often to see if you like him or not.” She laughed.

I rolled my eyes jokingly as she continued to talk about Hunter.

“Just ask him out already!” I finally said after a long conversation about how much she liked him.

“What? No, I can’t do that!”

“Why not?”

“Because…” She thought for a while. “He probably doesn’t like me back.”

“Well, he may say yes.”

“Or no.”

“But you’ll never know until you try,”

“But what if he says no!”

“Then he says no.”

“But,”

“No buts just do it.”

“But then our friendship is going to be awkward forever and ever and ever and ever!”

You are overreacting, Sam. Would you rather be wondering ‘what if’ for the rest of your life? Or just do it!”

“I would rather wonder ‘what if’.” She admitted.

I took a pillow from behind me. “You’re hopeless!” I laughed and hit her with the pillow.

~~~

“Where were you!?” Mom screamed at me as I entered our apartment,

“I was at my friend Sam’s house.”

“Sam, I’m hoping, the girl?”

“Yes, Mom. And you see if you got me a cell phone then you wouldn’t have to worry about me.”

“Get enough money to buy one and then we’ll talk.” Was her reply.

            I nodded and walked to my room. I almost sat on the pile of photos that were thrown sloppily on my bed.

            I tilted my head as I saw there were a lot more pictures there than I remember taking. I inched over to them, and picked them up. I flipped through them. Most of them I didn’t take.

            There were pictures from the basement.

Pictures of children tied up and crying.

Tons of them.

(A.N.-Thanks for reading!<3)