Uneasy~Chapter fifteen

(A.N.- Two updates in one day! woo! This is to make up for the lack of updates<3 [:   )

“Sam’s going to kill me if she finds out that we’re hanging out without her.” I accidentally said once Hunter and I were in his house.

“Why?”

“Uh,” I thought quickly. “Because she would probably feel left out.” I smiled.

He nodded. “So, what do you need to talk about?” He suddenly became serious, and he sat down on his couch, leaving me room to sit too.

            Behind his couch was a huge window. The curtains were wide open, letting the bight light shine into his comfortably small house. The untouched snow glistened softly on the ground.

            After taking my seat next to him, I explained everything that happened over the break.

“So you don’t have the pictures anymore?” He asked after I finished my story.

“No, that’s the worst part! That everything was gone. I mean, how in the world does that happen?”

“Are you sure it was actually there?” He asked carefully.

“I’m positive!”

“Well, you said it was really late. Maybe you imagined it.”

“I’m not crazy, Hunter.” I crossed my arms immaturely.

“Well, maybe you dreamt it. Dreams can be really realistic.”

“Hunter, I know I saw it. I know it was real. It touched me! I shouldn’t have told anyone.” I muttered the last part under my breath.

“No, thank you for telling me. And, I believe you saw it.”

“Really?” I smiled slightly.

“Yes. You haven’t given me a reason not to trust you. And I don’t understand why you would lie about it.” He said simply.

“Well, then thanks for believing me.” I smiled.

“Maybe one day I could go over your place and help you look around.”

“Yes.” I smiled enthusiastically.

“And good call on not telling Sam. She tends to gossip.”

I was right!, I thought—very proud of myself.

            Soon, we both just sat in a comfortable silence. I quickly found myself gazing carefully into Hunter’s eyes as he leaned closer. I closed the space between us by softly touching my lips to his.

            Hunter kissed back lightly, and pulled me closer to him. My arms were wrapped around his neck, and his arms were wrapped around my waist. I felt his thumb graze the small of my back as he moved his lips against mine. His lips were so warm and soft. I parted my lips slightly, granting his tongue entrance to my mouth. Our tongues collided and carefully danced together.

            It was a slow and passionate kiss, one that I soon missed when he pulled away. I stared into his shining eyes.

I had my first kiss with my friend’s crush.

“Oh my god, I am so sorry!” My eyes widened slightly. “I shouldn’t have done that!”

“It’s fine,” He smiled.

“No it’s not! I kissed you! Sam likes you, I just totally-“ I cut myself off in realization of what I had just said.

“Sam likes me?”

“I didn’t say that.” I tried to lie, although it was obvious I wasn’t telling the truth.

            Hunter quirked an eyebrow up at me. He could tell I was lying. I was never the best lair, but I usually could get away with something small.

“Alright! You broke me down. She likes you, a lot. So you can’t tell her we kissed, or that we hung out. And you also can’t tell her you know she likes you!”

“Hmm, I broke you down without saying anything? I wonder what would’ve happened if I actually said something.” He laughed.

“Promise me you won’t say anything.” I sat down next to him.

“I promise I won’t say anything.” He said solemnly.

I held out my pinky, and he laughed.

“A pinky promise, really?” He continued to laugh.

            I could feel myself turning a soft shade of pink, but I kept my pinky out and waited for him to promise. I didn’t think he was going to, but he soon wrapped his long, warm pinky around mine. I smiled at him softly.

~~~

            I walked into my hotel room and looked around. My mom wasn’t there—she had been planning to look for jobs, and I guessed she decided to do it then. I walked into my room and fell onto my bed, letting the feel of the rough fabric soak into my skin. I shifted slightly when I felt something under my arm.

            Lifting my arm revealed a small picture lying on my bed calmly. I picked it up and my eyes widened in surprise. There was a newly taken picture of Hunter and I kissing.

(A.N-  Oh no, poor Sam. ]: She'll be devastated if she finds out Hunter and Allison kissed.[;

Thanks for reading<3!!!)