Chapter 16

[A/N] okay so as some of you know there were some people who were writing some really rude comments on my story, it's all settled now but I want to thank all those people who made me smile and who took it upon themselves to defend me. I also want to thank all those who support this story and actually want to read it. If someone doesn't like my story then just don't read it, it's as simple as that. There is no need for any unnecessary comments, anyways enough about that, here's the next chapter and again I apologize for taking a while, school is starting up again for me in a week and I've been super busy.

--Stephanie <3

Chapter 16

KARI

Tears streamed down my face as ran away from Daniel. I didn't think it would hurt me so much just to see him kiss another girl, and right now I felt even sorrier for Fiza who was his girlfriend.

And he just cheated on her.

Well it's not like he didn't cheat on her with me, what a jerk!

I knew I was acting a little bit over dramatic over the fact that he broke a promise. Even though I knew in the end Daniel would only hurt me, I had hoped he would at least do this one thing for me. And now he crushed any chance of me ever trusting him again.

As I walked down the hallways of the school, I couldn't help but feel like I couldn't hate him no matter what. Even if he's a lying, cheating, jerk face.

My free period was almost over and I couldn't just walk around forever. So I took my phone and typed a message to Avery who was probably in the gym with Aiden.

Seconds later my phone buzzed and I quickly reached for it, "Meet me by doors." It said and I practically ran out to the parking lot. Avery was leaning casually against the doors; her pretty brown hair swaying in the wind as the sun harshly hit me for a moment. As my eyes adjusted to the sun I screamed at Avery who didn't seem to notice me standing so close to her. She turned around quickly and met my eyes, her smile turning into a full on grin.

I ran into her arms and let my tears come loose again. Avery held me close as I continued to cry for what seemed like hours. Finally I wiped my nose clean from any snot and looked up at Avery whose eyebrows were pulled down in concern.

"What happened Kari?" she whispered, stroking my hair soothingly. I closed my eyes and shook my head, I didn't want to talk about it right now and being with Avery always helped.

"Can we just go to your house please?" I begged. Avery looked up at the school frowning then met my gaze, with a reluctant sigh she agreed.

At her house I threw myself onto the couch and watched Avery walk around in the kitchen.

"Avery what are you doing?" she looked up from the refrigerator and gave me a sheepish smile.

"Sorry I'm hungry, I skipped lunch." And then continued with her search for food. I relaxed under the pillows, but not for long. As my nose touched the pillows I was hugging to my chest, a whiff of Daniels cologne entered my nose and soon I was crying again. Big, huge, and loud sobbing noises that filled the room. Gosh with all this crying you would have thought Daniel had actually cheated on me not just broken a promise. "Avery!" I yelled, Avery was there in an instant and had taken my hands away from the pillow I was clutching.

"Kari Valensha! You better tell me what's wrong, and you better tell me now!" she yelled. I looked up at her, and I noticed she had a bit of mayonnaise at the corner of her mouth. I laughed out loud and my best friend gave me a confused look.