Chapter 6

Chapter 6

DANIEL

I touch my stinging cheek and wince.

"Ouch! Damnit!" I mutter under my breath. I keep walking through the hallways quietly, knowing that every pair of eyes is on me, I know that their all whispering. I place my hand softly over the small handprint of Rachel's hand and try and cover it up as much as I can.

Stupid Kari...

I glare at the floor and make my way slowly into the library where I told the guys to meet me after Rachel slapped me in the face and called me an asshole then stomped away, her dark hair flying behind her as she slammed the door and left me inside with a dark red hand mark on my now burning cheek.  Stepping into the empty library except for a few librarians standing near a table sipping coffee and talking, they don't take any notice. I strut to the very back of the library and stand in between two book shelves where Jay, Emmet, and Rider are already talking quietly amongst themselves. They look up when they hear my footsteps softly padding the dark brown carpet underneath me. They straighten up and grin.

"What the fuck happened to your cheek dude?" Rider asks laughing so hard he's clutching his stomach. I glare at him.

"Nothing, just some stupid girl who slapped me for calling her another girls name..." I grumble. This of course only makes Rider laugh harder, not only that now Emmet and Jay are laughing too. I stand there irritated and wait until their done rolling around on the floor.

"Classy rookie mistake!" Emmet yells. I put my hand over his mouth and mouth to him to shut it. His eyes widen and he licks my hand. I pull it back and look at him in disgust.

"Eww! Gross!" I wipe away his spit on the side of my jeans and punch him on the shoulder. He pretends to be hurt and then they all stand straighter.

"Right! So you got proof again?" asks Jay. I nod my head and pull out the small gray camera out of my pocket and hand it to him. I groan internally when they see the part where I moan Kari's name out loud and then wince when I hear the sound of her hand on my cheek. The guys only laugh throughout the whole thing. They close the small screen and wipe away tears. They turn to look at me.

"Whose Karbear?" asks Rider confused. I groan and slap my forehead; I didn't really want to tell the guys about her. I knew they laugh at me for not being able to get her to kiss me. I contemplate telling them silently while Jay takes out his small notebook and marks me down. I sigh and hang my head down.

"Are you going to tell us or not?" they ask looking at me expectantly.

"It's... Kari Valensha." I say whispering her name. They all just looked confused.

"Who's that?" Emmet says, I sigh frustrated and run my hands through my dark brown hair.

"Kari? Your sister's best friend?" says Jay. I nod my head and then they all stay quiet for a second before busting out laughing again. I think their high.

I grimace and start to walk away. I knew they'd make fun of me.

They all pull me back and I stumble backwards hitting my elbow on the shelves. I let out a string of curse words and rub my elbow.

"Dude you're so whipped..." Jay mutters and shakes his head disapprovingly.  I glare and say in a loud voice, "I do not care about Kari, guys she's just another one of my victims. I just have to get her to kiss me."

"Right...So why did you say her name?" Rider asks.

"Well she was getting me frustrated because she doesn't want to hook up with me and I don't know I've just been thinking about that lately. It is not because I like her in anyway." I say slowly, making sure they get that.