Chapter 2

a HUGE thanks to Whimsical for the lovely new series covers <3

•Chapter 2•

KARI

I hurriedly walked across the long, polished, white marble floors carefully trying to apply the red lipstick. I grabbed my hair and twisted it until it was in a high bun. My mom liked it when I came in looking like I belonged here. I knew I didn't but she insisted I come here. My mother was a very famous fashion designer and yes I, Kari Valensha, was her very loser daughter that no one knew. Actually nobody knew she was even my mother except Avery. I watched my steps closely as I walked through the glass doors. Her office was huge, filled with white walls and marble tiles, making my heels echo in its emptiness. Black leather chairs and high class snotty women sat in classy looking skirts and white blouses. I grimaced as I made my way to my mother, who was yelling at a model that she was and I quote "getting too fat for her dresses."

"Kari!" she says running up to me when she sees me standing there awkwardly. She hugs me tight enveloping me in that Chanel no.1 perfume I know so well.

"Hey mom!" I say, tucking a loose strand behind my ear. She tugs at my arms and brings me to a girl with long blond hair down to her waist, wearing a short white dress so beautiful, I couldn't help but feel jealous.

"Meet Yvonne... I hired her to help you do your hair and makeup for the photo shoot." I sighed and rolled my eyes. Of course, I knew that was the reason why my mom wanted to see me. Of course, it wasn't to spend time with me, it was so I could model her dresses and for her to complete her mother-daughter bonding time.

"Okay! Chop! Chop! Get her to the dressing rooms!" My mother barked orders and Yvonne happily applied. I knew it was pointless to come here but I hardly ever get to see her since she's always away on trips. Sometimes, she takes me to New York Fashion Week and I get to watch, front row seat, the models in all the pretty clothes and dresses. Yvonne applied a light coat of blush and mascara making my eyelashes longer and my cheeks pinker. Softly, she put on some creme colored lipstick with a really shiny lip gloss. I closed my eyes and didn't open them until she was done. I liked to be captured by surprised and soon enough, my makeup and hair was done. I opened them slowly and took in a sharp breath as I stared at the wondrous girl on the mirror. My hair was now luscious in long brown curls that hung down my back as my face looked natural yet different all in its own way.

"Come on, follow me to the dressing room..." Yvonne says click clacking away. I followed her into a long spacious room filled with all kinds of gowns, shirts, skirts, and pants. Anything you could think of, even accessories. I walked to a small white floor shaped in a circle and surrounded with glass, I stepped on it and turned around to face Yvonne. She looked at me skeptically, raising an eyebrow here and there, pacing back and forth. Criticizing me and how I stood. Finally with a final head nod to herself, she walked away and came back shortly with a long blue gown, so gorgeous I could cry. It was simple with one long thin strap going across one shoulder, white little diamonds surrounded the bodice and a small chiffon bow at its center. Oh yeah, my mother was good. I stepped into it carefully, not wanting to rip such an angelic dress and turned around to face myself once again. I looked well, not like me. If that made sense. The gown showed off the curves, I never dared show off at school and it hugged my body great, not too tight and not too loose. I smiled brightly and walked with Yvonne back to where my mother was at.

"Oh! Kari, you look so gorgeous!" my mother gushed when she saw me. Even so she did this all the time I came and saw her and had to do a photo shoot.

"Of course! I am wearing after all an original Valensha!" I say with fake enthusiasm. Although, my mom doesn't notice she keeps dragging me along by the elbow and I try to keep up in the silver heels. But me being me, I tripped over nothing and go sprawling on the floor practically spraining my ankle. And what does my mom do? Nothing. She just stands there and watches as I get up slowly. My cheeks flaming red and I know I'm the center of attention.

"Ugh! Honey! You're such a klutz! I blame your father for this..." she says only to me. I sighed and this time, I took my time to the photo shoot room. Walking in, the photographer was already in there waiting for me. I stood in front of the big white screen and started posing. Soon enough, hot white lights are being flashed in my eyes as I make "pretty" faces. I hated doing this but for my mother I'd do anything, I hardly see her and I would take any chance I had with her. Finally, the shoot was done and I left home wondering if I should have told her that I missed her.

*********************************

DANIEL

I was talking to Jay in the hallway before lunch, listening half-heartedly. I noticed Kari down the hallway, making her way to her locker. She was walking past me now and as she looks up, I catch her eye. Penelope chooses this moment to come up and hug me and I see something flash in Kari's eyes and before I can decipher it, she blinks it away. I was facing Kari as I hugged Penelope so I winked at her making Kari blush as her mouth drops open. She shakes her head in disgust and walks away quickly to her locker. I got the reaction that I wanted... I think to myself. My locker and Kari's locker are exactly diagonal from each other and she complains to Avery about it constantly. I laugh at whatever Penelope told me and tell her that I have to use the bathroom. She leaves and I notice Jay isn't talking anymore but looking at me. I smile sheepishly.

"Hold up, I'll be right back." I tell him, nodding my head towards Kari. He nods back and I make my way slowly over to her.

*********************************

KARI

"Damn it..." I mutter under my breath.

He's coming over here... I keep thinking as I pretend not to notice him coming. Ugh! I wish he would just pass me by even though I knew that wouldn't be possible. Turning back to my locker, I grabbed my books quickly and looked back to see if he was still coming. I let out the breath that I was holding when I noticed he wasn't there anymore.

"Hey Karbear!" says a voice from behind. Startling me, I dropped my books.

"Ugh!" I mutter softly and bend down to retrieve my book. Another hand appears and gathers my last two books. I looked up and stare into his trademark blue eyes and my heart flutters but I quickly dismiss it. I took a deep breath and looked away standing up awkwardly, I took the books from Daniel and hug them to my chest.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you Karbear." Daniel says softly. I looked at his smirking lips and grimace.

"Daniel, don't call me that!" I say annoyed. He completely ignores me and takes a step closer lightly touching my arm. I could see from over his shoulder that his friends were walking over. Jay and Rider make their way calmly with long lean strides.

"We should go out sometime." Daniel says suddenly and I mentally rolled my eyes. Of course, I knew about his reputation, that's exactly the same reason why I never told him that I had feelings for him. I knew he'd take advantage of me. He grabs my bag strap and places it on my shoulder, stepping closer and surrounding me with his Idol Armani cologne. Leaning in, he whispers into my ear "See you later..." Not even waiting for my response to his question, he turns around to his laughing friends and walks away. Feeling breathless, I hold my hand to my heart and frowned. I won't be just like all those other girls. I won't let him play me like that.

��

Okay so Comment. VOTE!!!! And fan:)

Love, Stephanie<3