"So Ace heard that you guys called us back so he decided to drop me in the sea so I was sober, anyways the we'd left the island and got a decent distance away from anyone before he stopped.

"I asked him what was wrong and then he got really mad at me.. He yelled at me because I didn't wait for him and I could have been killed.

“I understood but I didn't think he needed to get so mad. Then he went silent and I was going to say something but he grabbed my wrist. Then he looked me right in the eyes and leaned in... he tried to kiss me.

"But when he was only an inch away, I turned my head and rejected him."

Marco went silent for a moment, looking deep on thought.

"Why didn't you kiss him?" he asked, looking at me with a slightly confused expression. "Com'on Aki, I know you have feelings for him."

I just shook my head and looked down, hiding tears that threatened to spill.

"I don't know." I whispered, my voice cracking mid sentence.

Marco gave a sigh before wrapping him arm around me and pulling me into a comforting hug.

"Its cause of you past isn't it?" he said.

I nodded, closing my eyes, letting a few tears roll down my face.

"You know, Ace isn't like that Aki." he said, his voice soft and comforting. "Ace would never do anything like that. He wouldn't hurt you, he wouldn't do any of those things you had done to you. If he even tried you know I'll be there in a split second to save you."

I could only nod as I buried my head into his shoulder.

"Shhh. It's okay." e said rubbing my back soothingly. "Just let it out. I'm here for you."

~

After my mini break down, I stayed up in the birds nest. I didn't want to go down with everyone, not after I'd been crying.

Although I did get Marco to tell Whitebeard that I'd take the night shift tonight. Yes that I'd take it on my own because.. well I need some time to myself.

So right now, I'm pretty sure everyone’s either asleep or in their rooms.

I sighed before standing up, stretching and taking a glance at the moon before jumping down to the deck.

There were a few lights on so I could see around but not too many so it was still dark.

What am I going to do? I thought as I leaned over the ship, taking in the smell of the sea, feeing a slight cool breeze hit my face.

"Aki." said a voice behind me.

I froze for a split second. Crap of all times for him to appear he chooses now? I thought before turning my head only to find of course Ace.

"Ace," I said with a small smile before I turned back to look out at the sea.

"Can we talk for a minute?" he asked, his voice seemed almost, sad?

I let out a small sigh.

"Look Ace." I started as I turned to face him, my eyes locking with his. "I'm just not ready to talk yet."

"Then when Aki?" he snapped back. He looked angry, frustrated. 

"Ace I-"

"No Aki!" he growled, stomping over to me, putting his hands either side of me onto the ship railing, trapping me so I couldn't escape.