-8-

After letting Aleks sleep for awhile, you tried to wake him up.

"Aleks? Wakey wakey," you whispered.

You rubbed his shoulders until he shook his head a little.

"Aleks, I need you to move.. My foot is numb," you coaxed.

You hear him grumble before he started to lift his head up. He crawled along the couch so that he could sit up. Once he got off of you, you stood up and stretched. You were standing in front of Aleks as he was rubbing his eyes.

"Did you know that you're a good pillow?" He joked once he opened his eyes.

You rolled your eyes at him and then sat down leaning into him.
You kissed his cheek then asked, "Feeling better?"

He put one arm around you and kissed your forehead, your nose, and then pecked your lips.

"Yeah,"

He kissed you again before saying, "Is it time to go?"

You squeezed his hand and nodded. Back in the car you went. During the ride, you remembered to call Jordan. You asked him to bring a printed copy of Kevin's insurance claim.

--

The hospital made you feel weird, but you tried your best to not show it. You were used to the gloomy aura. With the business that you were working for in Boston, it was common for you to have to do work in hospitals.

You and Aleks were the first of the group to arrive. You sat down in a chair while Aleks went to go ask where Kevin was. Aron was already at home resting. When Aleks came back around, he shook his head.

"The nurse said that he was in the OR, wouldn't be out until a few hours," He sighed as he sat down. He pulled out his phone and let the group know that they still have a few more hours to work.

You hugged his arm and rested your head against him. "Should we come back later?" You asked.

"Yeah, there's actually a cafe a few minutes from here we could go to,"

--

Once you entered the cafe, you found a secluded booth that had a window view. Aleks ordered a coffee for himself while you got tea. While the two of you guys waited, you went back and forth asking questions and learning about each other.

You learned about his family back home in Boston, and you showed some pictures of your own siblings: one older sister, two younger brothers. You even talked about your previous job.

"So how'd you end up coming back here?" He asked.

"I was given a choice- I could have stayed there and worked a 9 to 5 job or I could become what they classify as a 'field agent'... legally, I'm allowed to work for the creatures, but I'm still associated with that business, and they expect me to do whatever PR managing I can do while over here,"

"I see, so what does mean for you?"

"Uh I guess it means that I keep the paperwork happy. If you guys keep the audience happy, I can take care of the legal stuff. Otherwise, I'm back to being a production manager," 

"But if you're tied to that business still, you can't really say a lot on camera right?"

"Not necessarily, it's more like- I can't be distastefully vulgar or sexual. But, my contract with that business specifically states that my behavior does not necessarily reflect on the company's policy. Being a part of the creatures is perfectly okay, it's still a few degrees out of where I have to cross the line for my own behavior,"

You noticed that Aleks grinned when you said sexual, so you swatted at his shoulder. He laughed to himself and then murmured a quiet, "ow."

For awhile, you spent time with him chatting and flirting. Out of the corner of your eye, you noticed him holding his phone at silly angle. As usual, he was doing his smirk and chuckle.

You scrunched your face at him, "What's so funny?"

He paused and then placed his phone on the table. "I just think it's crazy that I'm sitting here with such a ... such a beautiful and photogenic and kind and funny and gorgeous and... I could go on," Aleks admitted. You felt your cheeks flush, but you kept looking at him. You watched his eyes linger on you, and you could see that he was clenching his jaw.

You winked at him, "What a charmer."

His smile went away when his phone vibrated on the table. You nodded for him to answer. It was the hospital. Kevin just got out of surgery. Aleks paid for the drinks and the two of you headed for the car.

Before you opened the car door, you let out a small sigh, "You're going to have to excuse my sudden change in attitude once we get there.."

"Oh, don't worry, I know that it's your job," Aleks said.

"I'm serious-"

"Of course you are,"

"Well,.. Just don't get offended if I need to ask you to leave the room,.. it's for legal measures and so that he gets the best treatment,... the whole client confidentiality thing- unless he doesn't mind"

Aleks squeezed your hand, "Okay."

--

And with another exhale, you stepped out of the car and walked into the hospital. This time, you confronted the nurse at the front desk.

"Good morning. I need to see Kevin McFarlane- we were just notified that he got out of surgery,"

The nurse nodded and started to page a doctor. The nurse then told you that one of Kevin's doctors would be coming in few minutes to take us to him.

You and Aleks spent another ten minutes waiting. This time, the other creatures started arriving. Jordan came on his own, so you pulled him away for a second. Dan and the two Joe's back with Aleks.

"Jor-" you started. But someone yelled out your name and all three of you turned to face the source.

"Y/N!"

It was a familiar face. She stood in her white doctor's coat and blue scrubs, and she waved before she started to walk quickly towards you.

"Oh my god," you said in disbelief.

Jordan nodded to you and sat with the others.

You met her halfway and gave each other a massive hug.

"Avery? It's been so long,"

She cut you off.

"I know, it's crazy- once I heard you were here, I came running," she pulled you closer so she could whisper. "Kevin McFarlane. The hospital is refusing to treat him properly. (Y/N), I tried to convince them, but no one listens to me here.."

You casually pulled away from the hug and smiled at her. You mouthed 'thank you' before saying, "Dr. Avery Carter, can you take me and my friends to see Kevin?"

(A/N: how do you guys like the new cover? :) )