Chapter 23

I decided to have the meeting with Jennifer and I at the house. I felt as though she would be my new right hand, so she might as well get a feel of my life as it is. It was mid afternoon. Tyrone had taken India and J.J out to the park so that they wouldn't be in my way. I was just putting the fresh squeezed lemon aid I made and some cookies out on the table when I heard the door bell ring. I looked at myself in the main bathroom and shook my head. I was going to  psych myself more than I needed to. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Hi!" I said as I opened the door. Not trying to sound nervous.

"Hi, you must be Ms. Mckinney!" 

"Please...Call me China." I said as I tried to fake a smile. Another reminder of Jarrod..

Jennifer stood about 5'2, she had light skin and tight eyes. I could tell she was mixed with some type of Asian. She had thick thighs and a small waist. A killer body. She wore a pair of black dress shorts, grey suede nude pumps, and a pink silk tank top with lots of necklaces. She couldn't have been a day over 27.

I shook her hand and told her to come inside.

"You have a beautiful home China!" She exclaimed. 

"Thank you! We just moved in about two weeks ago." I told her.

I could tell she wanted to know if I was married, since I said 'we'. She looked down to see if I was wearing a ring, which I wasn't. I saw her face when she realized that I didn't have a ring. I chuckled and tried not to think anything of it.

"So "And She Dreams" is really becoming a success China!" Jennifer said as she took a sip of herlemon aid. 

"I know, I'm so excited." I said biting into a cookie.

"Well, my job is going to be helping you get your name out there. I specialize in image management slash publicity and event planning. That means I'm going to be getting you a few meetings here, a few events there, book signings, the whole nine. " She wiped crumbs off of her shorts. "I even have a few things coming up for you that I want to let you in on."

This girl was on a roll. I like her already. 

"Jennifer, you are on a roll!" I laughed.

"Call me Jen, or Jenny...and that's's my job!" She said with a smile.

"Okay, Jen! So what do you have planned for me first?"

"Okay, so I was thinking, since you said you just moved in, if you haven't already, have a house warming slash book signing. Invite your family and friends of course, and I will try to get as many 'names' in there as possible. I can't guarantee any big names, right now, but we will start off small and work our way up. How does that sound?" She asked me as she took out a notebook and started jotting down somethings. I don't know anybody, especially since we just moved out here but I didn't mind it being an intimate get together. 

"That sounds great Jen. But, I don't know anybody out here yet..."