Chapter 20

Another week went by and I couldn't bring myself to go get the divorce papers from Jarrod. I figured, this gave him more time to think about his decision. I took a deep breath as I apporached the home I built with Jarrod. I prayed that he had signed the divorce papers so we could go ahead and get it over with. I tried to unlock the door but the locks had been changed. I rang the door bell. No response. I rang the doorbell two more times.

"Damn, are you that eager to see me?" Jarrod said with a smile on his face. Seeing him smile brought back so many memories. I wasn't here to see him, I was here to get the divorce papers and get out of here.

"Jarrod did you sign the papers?" I asked him and I opened the door wider and let myself in. "...and whats with the new locks?"

Jarrod walked into the kitchen and got the papers. "I'm doing this for my seeds, not you."

I rolled my eyes at him for reffering to his children as "seeds" but I just brushed it off and watched him sign the papers. 

I felt a wave of relief. I couldn't believe this was actually happening. No fuss, no fight.

"Whats with you?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" He said as he opened the fridge and got a soda.

"No fuss or fight about getting the divorce? What were you really seeing other women and coming back home to me?"

Jarrod chuckled, took a sip of the soda, and shook his head.

"I don't know whats so funny..."

"Do you know that it hurts the hell out of me that were even thinking of divorce China? I knew you since I was 19 years old. You were my first love, now look at us." He chuckled. "I gave you the best years of my life!" He said slamming the soda on the counter.

I jumped and got up slowly just incase he tried something crazy again. I could see that he was hurting at this point I didn't care. 

"After I recover they're throwing me to the wolves China. 15 to life..." He put his head down and sucked his teeth.

I didn't know the right thing to say, so I just let him have it the way I felt.

"You're stubborn Jarrod, I hope you know that. You could have had so much going for you, but you were stuck on building this dumb ass reputation as a drug lord. Come on Jarrod."

"Being a DRUG LORD helped you get to where you are today CHINA, so don't come up in here bitching at me like you know it all and like you're better than me. You're just a ghetto ass broad who came from shit! I put some ice around your neck and a rock on your finger and I was never appreciated!"

He just blew me away. How dare he disrespect me.

'I'm not even going to comment on that Jarrod. Thank you for signing the papers. Don't expect to see or hear from me or your children AGAIN after we go to court. It was nice knowing you Jarrod, but now I'm about to go do me, and live my life."

I grabbed the papers and walked out of the house. I tried so hard not to cry but my heart wouldn't let me. 7 years wasted. Now the guy who was my first love, was going to be spending the rest of his life in prison. I walked to Tyrones Hummer that he was letting me borrow and I started to cry and scream at the top of my lungs. This life was finally over. No more Jarrod, no more stress, no more living in fear, no more drugs...

Jarrod and I proceded with the divorce. Everything was made final. A month later he was sentenced 15 years of prison for multiple charges. I would always have love for Jarrod, but the lifestyle he was living and the lifestyle he had our children and I living was becoming more and more unbareable. I'm just glad that I finally got my way. I was finally living..enjoying my life.

6 Months Later

"Babe, what do you think of this house?" Tyone asked me. "5 bed,4.5bath."

I sat on the bed next to Tyrone and leaned over to look on the iPad.

"Thats nice! How much?" 

"China...don't worry about that." Tyrone said to me smiling.

"Let me just see!" I said trying to grab the iPad from him.

"No!" He held it up in the air and started laughing.

"Tyrone! Stop playing with me!" I said as I got up to grabb the iPad, but I was too slow, he put it down again. He grabbed my leg and caused me to fall down on top of him. I grabbed his arm and tried to pull it down. His arm held it stong.

I gave up.

"You get on my nerves." I said to him as I tried to catch my breath. 

"Whatever." He said to me grinning.

He put the iPad on his lap and I snatched it. I gave him an evil grin and I scrolled down to see the price of the house. 2.3million, over looked the city, near Rodeo and Sunset bulevard. It was beautiful, it was perfect. The kids would both be able to have their own rooms, I would use the extra room as an office and the other as a guest room, and the master bedroom would be mine. 

Tyrone and I had been seeing eachother for the past 6 months. We decided to make it official after the divorce. I know I was moving a little fast but Tyrone was everything to me. He loved me and treated me like I was a queen..like I was his wife. He loved Jarrod Jr. and India as his own. He provided for us, and not to mention he got my book published and now its onsale at major book stores and online as an ebook. Jarrod was giving me everything my heart desired, that 'everything' was true love. 

"What do you think?" He asked me.

"It's perfect Tyrone, but..."

"But what China?" He said giving me a serious face.

"Never mind..."

I didn't want to bring up the money situation because I knew he was doing this from his heart. I had accepted the little things he would do for me, but buying a house; that was doing a bit much in my book as far as I was concerned. 

"So do you want to go see the house?" He asked me.

My eyes widened.

"Can we?" I asked him.

"Uh...yes..." He said, and laughed at me. I jokingly punched him in the arm and got up.

"How does Saturday sound?" He aske me.  It was already Thursday.

"What about the kids?" I asked him.

"My mom will be here." He assured me.

"Let me start packing!" I said with a giant smile on my face. I had never been to California before and I was super excited. I couldn't wait to see my future home. Tyrone was too good to me.