Chapter 5

I sent the kids to Atlanta with Jarrods mom again. I knew Jarrod was coming back to day. Jarrods returns from these 'trips' were like a celebration. A "Thank God my baby is alive." Celebration. 

I was in the kitchen preparing some dessert. Strawberries and whipped cream and Jarrods favorite chocolate covered strawberries. I heard him come through the door.

"China!" called out to me.

I fixed my hair and my lingere. I strutted to the door to meet my man. He had a fresh gun wound in his shoulder.

"Omg baby!" I grabbed his hand and took him into our room.

This is not how I expected the night to go. He was in so much pain and every time I touched him he screamed with agony. I tried to gentally take of his clothes. First his pants, then his shirt. I tried to remove it as gentally as possible.

"FUCK!" He screamed.

"Sorry...I whispered." The bullet had missed him, but I found another one. It looked as if he had gotten it recently, but it wasn't as fresh as this one.

I walked him into the bathroom and helped him remove the rest of his clothes. I ran the jacuzzi bathtub for him, and helped him in. He slid into the bathtub and cringed.

"Is it too hot?" I asked him "Nahh It's good."

I turned on the stereo system that was in the bathroom and let some relaxing music soothe him. Jarrod laid his head back and tried to relax.

"So, what happ-" Jarrod cut  me off.

"China...please, not right now." He said with his eyes still closed.

I sat down at the side of the jacuzzi bathtub and stared at him. He was so beautiful. I took out a wash cloth and his shower gel and lathered it up. I scrubbed and massaged him. He still did not open his eyes.

"I love you." He whispered to me. I just kept my eyes on him, still taking care of him. 

I went into the room to get a towl for him. BZZZ...BZZZZ. I walked over to my phone, it was Tyron. I looked at my phone baffled..what could he possibly want? It is 11:30pm. This isn't very professional...I looked at the text message.

China I had a great time with you the other night. I really look forward to meeting with you again. How about we save the resturant for another time and get some coffee in the morning? Much Love, Tyrone.

It caught me off guard. It's late. Shouldn't he be in bed right now with his wife sleeping? I didn't reply. I just sat there thinking about the text message. 

"CHINA!" I heard Jarrod yell from the bathroom.

"Oh shit.." I said quietly to myself. "I'm coming babe."

I walked into the bathroom and Jarrod was trying to lift himself up out of the jacuzzi bathtub.

"Who was that?" He asked me. I had to think quick.

Jarrod would go insane if he knew another man was texting me at this time of the night, nomatter if it meant business or not.

"It was just an email alert." That was the first thing that came to my mind.

"Oh." He said reaching out for my hand.

I grabbed his hand and took the towel and dried his body. I wrapped the towel around his waist and grabbed some lotion. I walked back over to him, wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him. Jarrod's tall frame towered over my 5'3 body. He put his arms around my waist and kissed me on my forehead. 

I lotioned Jarrods body, got him some fresh clothes and wrapped his wounds. Jarrod laid on his back, trying to avoid hurting his wounds and dozed off. I stayed up the whole night watching him fall asleep...So peaceful.

"Damn...you are bad!" This was the first time I laid eyes on Jarrod.

I was out with my girls on the beach, relaxing, having a good time. Jarrod was with his homeboys. That was the first thing he said to me. I played it off cool because I was with my girls, but in reality I was dying inside. We had our eyes on Jarrod and his friends from the second we laid our beach towels on the beach. Jarrod had an 8 pack going on, curly hair, and was just all around beautiful. 

"Whats your name?" He asked me as his friends went over to harrass mine.

"China." I said feeling a bit nervous that he was even talking to me.

"Thats a beautiful name China, I'm Jarrod. You can call me Jay though." He said to my, putting his best mac on.

"Nice to meet you Jarrod." I said back to him.

"So what yall gettin into tonight?" He asked me.

"Were just going to chill." I replied.

"Yall smoke?" He asked me.

I had never smoked in my life. I was still a virgin, and I never even had a real boyfriend. I was one of the few inexperienced 19 year olds still left in this world. But Ihad no shame.

"No." I replied.

Jarrod smiled at me, exposing those gorgeous teeth and dimples. I started to melt. He was perfect. I coulnd't believe he was actually talking to me though.

"Well my home boys pop's got a beach house not too far from here, yall wanna hang?" He asked me.

"I have to ask my girls." We both looked over that way and saw our friends getting super friendly. We looked at eachother and laughed.

"Alright." I said.

He gave me his number and that night we headed over to his friend Keiths dads beach house. We smoke, drank, talked, groped, kissed, and other teen things. This was the farthest I had ever gone with a boy. But I felt good. I felt free. I trusted Jarrod. He was diffrent. It was the first time I ever smoke or drank, and it was the first time I felt beautiful around a boy. 

Jarrod and I became an Item. Four years later I had my first baby. Jarrod Junior. Two years after, baby girl India. Jarrod gave me everything I wanted. He came from a family of money, I didn't, but he looked past it all. Jarrod was perfect......