Chapter 6

Ishmael

To say a nigga was on top of the world right now would be an understatement.

 The love of my life is blessing me with a young king, business is booming, and Paris ass is working on operation take-down for me. Yeah, life is sweet. I smiled as I stood over the stove shirtless making breakfast for my queen. No woman ever made me feel the way that Maya does. She was the right to my wrong. I found perfect balance the day I found her. That was 6 years ago and a nigga still riding the wave of happiness. I fucked up more times than I can count, but lil mama stayed down, and for that I'm forever grateful.

After putting the grits, bacon, cheese eggs, and hash browns on a plate, I sat it on a serving tray and headed to my bedroom. I stood in the doorway and watched Maya sleep, she always looked so angelic. God looked out for a nigga big time with this one.

"Wake up beautiful," I said in Maya's ear while placing kisses all over her neck and face.

"Hmmmmmm..." Maya mumbled with a smile.

"Good morning, babe. Get up, I made you breakfast."

Maya stretched and yawned before finally opening her eyes. "Morning handsome," She smiled.

"I'm going to sit this on the nightstand and go fix my plate. Don't let it get cold Maya." I said sitting the tray down.

"I won't babe. I'm going to handle my morning hygiene, then I'm on it." Maya laughed.

"I bet greedy." I chuckled walking back into the kitchen to make my own plate.

Maya was my everything. She been riding with me since I sold my first dime bag of weed and that was 10 years ago. Of course, because I was the typical nigga, we were on and off, but I made it clear that she would never belong to anyone else besides me. I brought countless amounts of drama to Maya's life. The last straw was 4 years ago when I got this hood rat named Sonya pregnant.

Mya packed up all her shit and left a nigga for a year with no communication. That was the worse year of my life and that's how I knew she was the one for me. My nigga Will saw her at a party and called me up there. I came and got my girl back. It took a lot of begging and buying flowers, but it was worth it.

"Dang you couldn't wait for me?" I clowned, walking into the room and seeing Maya devouring her food.

"Sorry baby, blame your son." Maya shrugged.

"Yea, yea, yea. What you got planned for today ma?" I asked before digging into my own food.

"Nothing really, I was going to have lunch with my dad later to see what he thought of you, and after that I'm free."

"Cool, cool. Ya pops seems cool. Ya granny was giving a nigga the third degree, but I think I impressed them overall."

"Yeah, my Nana is a hot mess. She stayed getting on my ass when I would get out of line."

"Shit I could tell. She damn near had me regretting all my tats with the speech she gave me." I laughed. "What's up with your sister though? How come you never mentioned her?"

Maya sighed, "I don't know Boss. It's like her and I live in two different worlds, and it's been that way since we were little. She was always the apple of everyone's eye, while I was the fuck up. We never had a relationship and I'm ok with that."

"That's crazy babe. I think you two should really work on your issues. Especially with you about to be a new mommy and all. The more support, the better."

"Look who's talking. What about you? Have you spoken to your uncle yet?"

"Hell nah! And I don't plan to speak to his bitch ass. The only reason that nigga still breathing is off the strength of my grandma. If it wasn't for her, I would've laid his ass down right along with them niggas that killed my folks." I spat angrily.

"But you want me to build a relationship with my sister, and you can't forgive your uncle for something he had no control over?" Maya asked.

"Ok, this conversation is dead. Look, Sonya wants me to pick up Isis and take her shopping today, you gon ride with me?" I asked.

"Of course! I hope you didn't think you was going to that thirsty bitch's house alone. What time are we going?"

"I guess once you finish up with your pops we can head over there."

"That's fine. So... Does dessert come with this breakfast?" Mya asked, spreading her legs.

"Hell yea!" I replied licking my lips at the sight of her neatly shaved box.
_________

I didn't even notice I had drifted off to sleep until my phone rung. I knew from the 'My Nigga' ringtone that it was Will calling. I yawned and stretched before grabbing my phone.

"Yooooo." I spoke through the phone.

"Say bruh, you need to get down here to the spot like yesterday!" Will yelled.

I knew from the panic in his voice that something had gone down with either my money, or my shipment. It didn't matter which it was, either way somebody was dying today.

"Say no more." I said before hanging up and throwing on some sweats.

                                                                    **********************************

Paris

I had been plotting and planning on the murder of my husband every day since Ishmael put the idea in my head. Each day the task became harder. It's like Michael knew something was up. It was probably all in my head but, he's been on his best behavior these days.

I came home to 'Just Because' gifts every other day, the sex was often and better than ever, hell he even cooks for me every day. Michael was just making my job way harder than it had to be. If he was still the same asshole he had started becoming, I would have gladly slit his throat in his sleep. He wasn't though. He was gentle, loving, and he cared about my needs. I had to pull myself together before I blew things for Ishmael.

"Babe," I called out to Michael, whom I assumed was still in the bed.

"Yeah honey?" He replied walking up fixing his tie.

"Babbbbby, I thought today was our day, why are you dressed for work?" I whined.

"I know sweetheart and I'm sorry. Something big is going on at work and I have to get there. How bout I make it up to you with dinner tonight." Michael said kissing my cheek.

"Ok, I guess I'll let you have a pass this once. Is everything ok babe? Is it your big case?"

"Nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about sweetheart." Michael said planting a kiss on my lips. "See you at dinner!"

And just like that he was gone. Fuck! I cursed to myself. How the hell am I supposed to keep Ishmael posted if Michael's ass is being so secretive now. We have to come up with another plan. Pulling out my phone I dialed Ishmael's number.

"Hello...." A female voice answered.

I took the phone from my ear and looked at my screen to be sure I dialed the correct number. I had indeed dialed Ishmael's number.

"Ummmm who is this?" I asked with attitude.

"No sweetie, I think you need to state who you are being that you're calling my fiancé's phone!"

"Fiancé?!" I shouted before the line went dead.

I called back 4 times only to get the voicemail. Rushing to my room I threw on my sweats, sneakers, and pulled my hair up in a ponytail. Somebody had some explaining to do and there was about to be hell to pay when they did.