seven

i wake up, realizing that it's saturday and that my legs are super sore from yesterday. i smile at the remembrance. before jack had to go teach another class, he walked me home.

but we made sure no one saw, of course. if someone would look at us, we'd pretend to be on our phones and walk a fair distance away. he didn't seem weirded out after sex, which was good.

there's a random knock at my dormitory door and I groan, getting up from my comfy bed. i walk over to the door confused. my put my hand on the knob and twist it open. revealing to my surprise-

"mr. gilinsky." i smile.

"favorite student." he nods in acknowledgement, grinning at me as he does so. "are you busy?"

"well, as you can see, i look like i just crawled out of a sewer." i say dramatically.

i should become an actress. if i were to, i wouldn't have to take jack's algebra class.

"so... you just woke up?" he cocks an eyebrow up and i nod my head.

"yes, sir. i just woke up, but come in if you'd like. i'll only be a few minutes." i bat my eyelashes at him.

he steps into my dorm, amused, "you're classy outside of class, but inside, you're rude to me? i don't understand."

"good. i like leaving you confused." i tell him, keeping a distance because my breath probably smells, even though i flossed and brushed my teeth last night.

he shuts the door, making himself comfy on my couch. i don't mind. we'll probably have sex on that couch later. who knows? i quickly hop into the shower, brush my teeth, get out, comb my hair, change, and do my makeup. i don't want him waiting forever.

"sorry." i breathe as i return back into the living room.

he smiles, "no worries. you look cute."

"why thank you. i try for number seven on the football team." i joke and he narrows his eyes at me.

"nathan maloley and maxwell robinson? do you have a thing for jocks?" he asks, rubbing his skilled fingers on his chin.

"you're not a jock, so no, i don't have a thing for jocks." i mock him while answering his question. "why the hell are you wear a suit, by the way?"

"i have a meeting in a little. just thought i'd stop by and see if you wanted to grab breakfast." he shrugs.

"i'd love to." i beam.

he's being way too nice. it's either he actually likes me, which isn't weird, or he's just putting on an act to continue sleeping with me.

"i like your tie." i comment.

he looks down at it and chuckles. what's so funny about it? it's just red. he could be getting into the christmas spirit.

"thank you. my dad gave it to me when i graduated college."

i groan, "gross, college."

"hey, it isn't that bad." jack playfully retorts.

"are you kidding me? it's horrid. especially because i'm failing, like, every class." i run my hand through my, still damp, hair.

he hums for a second, "i don't think you're failing my class." he smirks.

i gasp, "did you change my grade after i had sex with you?"

he nods his head, "you had no problem trying to get me to change it by flirting with me the other day."

okay, he had a point.

"but it's unfair to the other students who actually try." i pout.

"i know. so i guess i'll have to sleep with all of the females to see if they're good in bed." he jokes and i glare at him.

"bad joke. you're wasting time. let's go get some food." i chirp, suddenly not phased with his dry humor.

"off campus." he specifies. "i'll bring you back right before my meeting."

i roll my eyes, exasperated. he's so bossy.

"i've told you before that i will not tolerate any kind of attitude towards me, understand?" he stands up from the couch, practically towering over me.

i didn't even say anything.

"that's a rule for inside of the classroom." i tell him.

he narrows his eyes at me and then grabs hold of my hand. we both walk out of my dorm and take the elevator. it halts on the second floor and the door opens, revealing none other than amaya.

i quickly let go of jack's hand, moving away from him. amaya steps inside, furrowing her eyebrows at me, but she still greets me.

"mercedes, mr. gilinsky." she says to us and i give her a pursed lipped smile. "what are you guys doing?"

this doesn't feel awkward at all.

"he was-" i start.

"i was helping her with math. she's struggling in my class." jack lies for me. "we're just stopping out for breakfast and then resuming." he shrugs.

for what felt like forever, the elevator finally stops on the first floor. i watch as amaya suspiciously stares at me and then turns to the mailboxes. jack and i rush out of the doors and he tries to hold my hand again.

"don't. we're on campus." i tell him.

he nods, "right."

i have a feeling that i'm going to have to do a lot of explaining to amaya when i see her later.

{vote, comment, share}