five

i haven't spoken a word all class period and i tried my best to avoid jack's eye contact. i know that he knows something is wrong, but i don't want to put up with him today. i plan on being he first one out of the door when we're dismissed in five minutes.

i still can't get over him and that other girl. i see that bruised part on his neck and w ebony know damn well that i didn't put my lips on his neck and create a massive hickey. have some knowledge and cover it up at least.

i'm cut off when every stands up and gets ready to leave. shit. i wanted to be the first one out of here.

"mercedes." i hear his deep voice, making me look up.

he puts his finger up, slowly signaling for me to go to him. i can't. i shake my head no.

"i have to be somewhere." i lie.

"come here for a quick second." he politely says because there are still people packing up.

i bit my bottom lip, hesitantly strolling towards him. his hand grips the front of my shirt, pulling me towards him. the students can't see what he's doing because my back in facing them.

"are you ignoring me?" he asks in disbelief.

"i'm obviously not if i'm facing you right now." i say.

he takes a quick glance behind me, making sure all of the students have left. he always makes the last student out shut the door. i'm the last student, but someone else already shut it?

"are we going to finish what we started yesterday?" he tilts his head, both of his hands rubbing up and down my sides.

i shake my head, "i can't, mr. gilinsky. i know that you're probably hooking up with that other person who always interrupts us."

jack sighs, pulling me closer to him and he buries his head in my neck, kissing the soft and sensitive skin. i want to push him away, but i feel as if i can't. this is what i wanted in the first place.

"i-i have to go." i stutter. "i'm sorry."

and i'm out of that room faster than you can say chipotle. i practically speed walk to my dorm, bumping into amaya on the way up. we talk for a little and i try not to show my nervousness.

amaya insisted on watching the ucla bruins practice. she always does these weird things during her free time. she knows that i'm not exactly too fond with the football team. she only goes because she wants to drool over derek, the outside linebacker.

half of the jocks have tried getting with me and the only person that i think is cute is one of the quarterbacks, maxwell robinson. amaya persuaded me with singsonging max's name.

he's never tried to get with me and who can blame him. i've been getting with nate and trying to get with mr. gilinsky. maybe if i had the chance to get with max, i could get over the whole sleeping with my teacher thing.

"want to stop to get starbucks first?" amaya asks me and i nod my head.

it's chilly and i could really use a caramel macchiato right now. we both walk into starbucks, discussing stupid things here and there.

"what do you even do at the practice? just watch like creeps?" i ask her as she eyes the menu above us.

"yeah. you stand on the side line with the rest of the desperate girls. it's literally like a whore line." she explains and my eyes widen.

"but i'm not desperate for a football player." i tell her and she just shrugs. "is that all you do?"

"pretty much and if you're lucky enough, max might invite you over after." she winks.

"i'd be so honored." i feign the act.

i know that nate was on the football team until he got kicked out of it because he didn't pass the drug test. sam wilkinson is still on it though, to my surprise and so is jack johnson. what a nice boy.

i order my drink and so does amaya. being the nice friend she is, she pays for my warm drink and i thank her.

"we have to get going right after we get our drinks. practice starts at 1:00."

you would think that half of them have classes at that time, but maybe they have that time gap off just for practice. i nod my head, grabbing my drink once it's done. we both walk out of starbucks and to the field, which is nearby.

we arrive shortly, half of my beverage gone, and the jocks are already out and dressed. i never noticed how nice football players' butts are. they looks so firm.

"there's your babe." she nudges my arm. "number seven."

i smile, nudging her arm slightly. i set my drink on the bench and shove my hands in my sweatshirt pockets. my eyes widen as i see something i did not expect to see. mr. gilinsky walking out with the rest of the coaches, holding a clipboard.

holy fuck, he's a coach?

"start off with jogging back and forth on the field four times. after that, 30 push-ups and when you're done with those two things, practice throwing the ball to each other for twenty minutes. well carry on from there." i hear jack's voice shout to the team.

he's not bossy just in class. i wonder if he's like that in bed.

"mercedes," amaya calls out my name and i turn my attention to her. "try catching this ball."

"no, it's going to hit me in the eyes. plus, you can't throw a football to save your life." i joke and she laughs.

"true... oh fuck. hot teacher at 10 o'clock." she says, alarmed and i turn to see jack heading our way.

i nervously swallow a lump in my throat. i hope he's not coming here to confront me on running out on him earlier. i guess i was just emotional? he got with another girl right after we were making out...

"we need that ball." he tells us, glaring at me specifically.

amaya hands it to me, scared to give it to jack. she's scared and intimidated by him. i was at first, but i've come to realize that he's just an asshole.

"are you mad at me now?" i mutter to him, shoving the ball into his hands.

"we'll talk about this later." he growls. "wait outside of the boys' locker room for me."

{vote, comment, share}