Chapter 18

A/N Dedicated to @ThisIsMe98 for the creating the cover on the side!  Isn't it cute?  Anyways, if any other people wanted to make fan art or banners or covers or whatever they're called, I'd gladly take 'em :)

Dannie felt relieved when she had explained everything to Seth.  Her chest felt lighter; it felt like she could breathe again.  Well, not exactly breathe.  There was still that nagging feeling in her chest that always happened when she talked about Cece, but for now, she ignored it.

"That wasn't what I expected," Seth mumbled looking at Dannie apologetically.  "I need to apologize for being such an ass to you."

"It's okay," Dannie said looking away.  It really wasn't okay.

"No, I really am sorry."

"Yeah okay," Dannie said trying not to get irritated.  Suddenly, two warm hands wrapped around her face and tilted her head upward to look into his golden eyes.

"I mean it.  Please forgive me?" he whispered, sincerity dripping from his voice.  Dannie nodded her head numbly, still encased by his hands.

He pulled away, leaving a cold sensation of Dannie's cheeks, though she tried to ignore it.

"I guess I owe it to you to tell you why I broke up with Kate?"  

Dannie just shrugged her shoulders.  She felt mentally drained now and didn't really have it in her to care.  "Sure."

"Well," he started awkwardly, "I just felt like after all this time, it was just me trying to make it work.  We weren't really meant for each other, we were just best friends.  And besides, Oliver told me last night that she cheated on me." 

Seth slumped his shoulders and Dannie look at him sadly.  It was unfair that he had to go through with a relationship with somebody that didn't put in as much effort into it as he did.  

Though after talking about Cece, Dannie didn't feel many emotions.  Her brain told her to sympathize for Seth but her heart wasn't in it.  She just couldn't muster up the any pity for him but she still did feel a burning passion of hate for Kate.  

She wasn't good at comforting people but she had to try.  Placing her hand on his back and rubbing it in uneven circles she murmured, "It's okay.  You were too good for her anyways."

Seth choked out a laugh and shook his head.  "She's gorgeous; she deserved someone better than me."

"Beauty isn't everything," Dannie said frowning.

"Yeah well, I broke her heart.  I don't think she deserved that."

"Oh believe me, she deserved it," Dannie said under her breath.

"And I don't even feel anything after she's gone.  No remorse, no guilt, nothing," Seth said sadly, clutching his head in his hands.

Dannie opened her mouth but wasn't sure of what to say.  So she just sat there rubbing his back, hoping it would be of comfort to him.

"Seth!  Get out of your room!  We've reached the island!" Oliver's voice came from outside the door.

"Well, I best be going," Dannie said quickly, scurrying out of the room.  The atmosphere was too tense, too awkward for her to be comfortable.  "I best be going?" Dannie questioned herself.  "Who even says that?"

***

Arriving at Aruba, a popular island that is apart of the Carribean, the kids got off first.  The PA system of the cruise ships informs all the tourists that they have twelve hours to look around before the ship will leave.