Chapter 20

A/N The banners on the side were created by @emlover, she's awsome even if she won't admit it 

This chapter is dedicated to @Aaletsirc because they've been here since day 1 for me and I keep forgetting to dedicate the chapter to them 

It felt like the twentieth lap as Dannie rounded another corner and walked down the side of the ship.  For the past hour, she had been trudging through the endless circles of the ship and hoping that it would somehow help her decipher her thoughts.

Walking into the breakfast cafe, she made a stop to order a muffin.

"Never seen you look so down before."

Dannie looked up to see Matt handing her the blueberry pastry, a smirk plastered across his face.  She took it with care in between her hands and nibbled on it before answering.

"Just trying to figure out the mess I'm in," she responded.  "I didn't know you worked here."

"I work everywhere babe, and if you ever want a good time, you know where to find me."  He sent her a wink as she backed out of the cafe.

"Gosh Matt, I never knew you were such a flirt," she laughed.  He shouted something after her but Dannie was already too far gone to hear it.  

Talking to people in general seemed to brighten her mood.  It chased away the thoughts that plagued her mind in the dark hours of the night.  Being alone for too long would once again leave her at the mercy of her subconscious.

Nibbling at her muffin and watching the sun slowly make its way up into the sky, Dannie still could not make sense of her thoughts.  Seth being the main one; the main thought, that is.

He was going back to California after the summer and there was nothing she could do about it.  Actually, scratch that.  She could do something.  

She could pursue him like a mindless schoolgirl or she could suck it up and get over him.  He was just another boy among the millions out there.  He wasn't anything special.

And that is where the problem came in.  He was special.  Dannie couldn't describe it or grasp what it was about him that attracted her but he was definitely special.

"You look like you're constipated."

Dannie jumped back in surprise when she heard Seth's voice.  He offered her a genuine smile instead of a smirk though, causing her initial irritation to disappear.

"Sorry, just had to say it.  What were you thinking about?"

"Did you just come here to insult me?" Dannie asked crudely.  Somebody would need to help him if he spoke the wrong answer.

"What?  No!  I mean, I just-"

"Well?"

"I was thinking..."

Dannie breathed out a sigh of annoyance.  They had only just seen each other and he was already getting on her nerves.  She just wanted to reach out a hand and slap him.

"Can you talk properly?" she demanded.

"Okay, okay.  I just wanted to apologize for last night; it wasn't exactly the smoothest of outings," he said.  Seth peered at her from underneath his eyelashes and shrunk a little lower when he noticed her scrutinizing gaze.

"And you expect me to forgive you?" Dannie asked, crossing her arms across her chest.  She was only teasing him of course.  He didn't do anything wrong last night, it was Kate that had gotten to her.  But right now, Seth looked similar to a little boy getting caught doing something he shouldn't be; his expression was adorable.